Thirlan's weekly FFA

This week and next week I at least am taking a break. I need to actually do some side work and various chores that have piled up due to our non-stop marathons.

how bout now?

I would like to play a MP game again.

let us, at least a few of us, try for this upcoming Saturday, probably around 8 am eastern time (meaning, i think, 1 pm GMT).

we could start later if it is preferred of course, but as it takes a while to get a game set up (sometimes), it is good to arrive earlier than necessary to start the game, so that by the time the game starts it can be taken to near completion.

Therefore, if you can't make it as early as 8 am, still try to arrive and see if anyone is online ;)

If a game hasn't launched yet, then there will likely be at least one soul in #erebus (ready to direct people to the game, ideally).

Two hours earlier would be perfect for me. But 1 GMT is reasonable.

I could try to be around at 11:00 am GMT if that is easier ;)

depending on the number of players, we may try to recruit up to the 1 pm GMT deadline (8 am US Eastern), but with, say, at least 4 players, we may well launch early.

Still, that is not to say late-comers can't join as Hyborem, Basium, or other AI ....

I would like to join in tomorrow but i wont make it untill the late afternoon/evening in euro times.

so around noon or so Eastern?

-> perhaps can join as one of the Summonable civs then ;)

Tasunke, where are you?

I realize it might be a little to early for you. I will just come back closer to 1 GMT.

aight. Well I'm here.

so once Mimic and Folket show up we will start I Think.

(So was mimic with you at 12 gmt?)

Good game yesterday. Tasunke as the Lanun took an early lead and noone was ever close to compete with him.

As the Lanun I went OO to start out, then as my fledgling nation was just starting to enter the 'meat' of the mid-game I switched into Ashen Veil and stayed there until the early Late-game. Then, after building my 4 Beasts of Agares and 4 Eidolons, I switched back into OO for some fun Stygian Guard madness ;)

I invaded a tad early due to not wishing to lose Folket to the mists of sleep, therefore I did not have as many Stygian guards, or as many Frigates, as I had wanted to. Also, without Royal Guards, my poor Hemah died to Alazkan the Assassin before he was fully leveled :(

still, my Agares Beasts swiftly ate Alazkan shortly thereafter ;)

--------------

My army was, I think, perhaps 50% ritualists ... running Sac the Weak + Conquest while Lanun? You can get a pretty beefy military ^_^

I ended up building TONS of ritualists, and quite a few diseased corpses before I switched back into OO. Still, I tend to prefer Stygians to the Corpses, EVEN if you count curing their disease (I could be wrong, its just a simul turn game preference :p)

------------

long before my massive land army reached the Svartalfar homeland, I had frigates pillaging the high seas (of the Svart). One such frigate managed to kill 2 Tririme's and a fireball within 1-2 turns, before managing retreat to safe-harbor within Bannor lands to heal and repair.

The skirmishes on the high seas were in some ways the most fun parts of the game ;) (or at least of the war).

Although I must say building up a Lanun economy was quite fun as well.

I know I said I could play at this moment, but I will not be ready for another 2.5 - 3 hours from now.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

Anyone up for a game this weekend?

Top Bottom