This Game Sucks!!!!!

Ok. So I've played some more games now. Last night did a head to head game with a real life friend, no lockups.

I also played the game of the week today on King, no lockups.

I'm just posting this stuff here so that hopefully others are not dis-swayed from picking up this game. It seems to run very stable and is a blast.

Did you update the game via XBOX live? I'm at version 1.3, according to the home screen.

This game is not stable online Gnunix. It still freezes / locks up for unknown reasons, too often as far as I am concerned. 2K just doesn't seem to do online very well. NBA 2K9 is also a mess online, as far as lobby's are concerned, at least the play there doesn't freeze.

There are other serious flaws with it as well. There should be a "diplomacy" period per turn for starters. Meaning your are initially allowed to use your units first, before being interrupted by another Civ. You should be able to unload your boat. So annoying that you move your galley, then it scans over to the next unit, without giving you the option.

I wish there was a "quick battles option" and a "quick moves option" like there was in the previous instalments of civilization. The battles are cool for the first couple of minuets, but then they just become a pain in the neck! I dont care how the fight goes, I just want to know the outcome.

there is just such an option, you simply turn off the animation, it's all under player preferences.

Playing against the computer is boring since the AI is awful. However, the online multiplayer freezes on me in about 40% of games. I called 2k games and a guy there said the freeze problem wasn't reported that often. He asked me if I had a firewall and I said no. He said he didn't know how to fix the problem. Anybody want to buy my copy of the game?

Fraxis gotta stop worrying about the darn graphics and actualy make a game that works.

Oh sure the game must work on their ulta-powerfull company computers that have like 10GB ram, monster video cards, and specifacations set expecialy for the software they created.
And of course its not their fault that their customers cant play the game; its the customer's fault for not having an extreamly expensive computer!

Well the pictures on the box look nice, so I can pretend the game is good and that I like it.

If you hate the game, why did you sign up for a fansite?

If you hate the game, why did you sign up for a fansite?

Hey im a huge fan of all of the civ games. I just wish the new ones would work on my computer.

Mayans and Aztecs may seem like the same, but they aren't!!!!

Mayans are peacefull, but Aztecs are brutaaaaaaaaal :p

Back to the point :
-first of all : the game DOES have it's good points, like every game (it's always fun to establish a world domination :p )

-second : not all bugs can be removed from a game, and if you are so sure it can be : PROVE IT!!!

-third : I had a few freezes online (most every time online, but that's cheating by newbies who can't win /"pro's" who want to maintain their top 10-scores) but only like 2/10 games, and for an online game that takes 0.50-4 hours, that's not bad.

-finally : I'm pretty sure know you never played Sticky Balls.....aaaaaaaaaargh!!!!

Hey im a huge fan of all of the civ games. I just wish the new ones would work on my computer.

Let´s get back to talk about Civ Rev and nothing else, why keep on ranting about graphics and that the games doesn´t work on your computer? This is a console game! BTW, computers that can run Civ 4 are at a bargain price these days.

BTW, computers that can run Civ 4 are at a bargain price these days.

hehe well that depends on what you consider "bargain price".

Wwere can i find a Civ Rev demo for windows 98? Ive looked all over the internet and different video game stores but they only have Civ rev for xbox and playstation or whatever they are called. I dont want to buy a fancy console just to play 1 game.

can i find a Civ Rev demo for windows 98? Ive looked all over the internet and different video game stores but they only have Civ rev for xbox and playstation or whatever they are called. I dont want to buy a fancy console just to play 1 game.

You can´t. As said earlier, this is a console game. It is present on X360, PS3, DS, and since a few days back actually also on iPhone/iPod Touch.

Top Bottom