Those Religious Wonders and free buildings

hokath

Emperor
2 Things:
1) Some of those religious wonders are a little underwhelming. I think this has come up a few times. Perhaps we could extend the free mosque logic of University of Sankore to them? I.e. Free Cathedral on Hagia Sofia, Mandir on Angkor Wat, Stupa on Borobudur?

2) The faith-purchased buildings are super awesome, especially with this latest tweak to them. Just wanted to bring up that Christianity is perhaps slightly over-represented, with 3 buildings (church, cathedral and templar order)? Perhaps the Order could be changed to the Altar? JFD has some nice art for this in his Piety mod (the changes to buildings are mutually exclusive with CBP), perhaps you could get it off him, or Jan, or whoever drew it. Just want some Aztec love <3

p.s. this is not the holy site discussion thread

I just want to point out that both the Hagia Sofia and Angkor Wat are extremely powerful (or well hagia sofia was extremely powerful before holy sites became worthless :D) and I don't think they would actually need free building. The Borobudur and honestly the Cathedral of s:t Basil however could probably use some free buildings.

About the faith-buildings, Christianity is 3 religions according to civ so letting them have one building each is fair :D

It's pretty hard to make St. Basil's a great wonder because of how Reformation works: you'll need to have 20% of the World be following your Religions to normally Enhance. St. Basil's let's you ignore that. I think letting you Enhance quicker is worth a not so great Wonder.

It's pretty hard to make St. Basil's a great wonder because of how Reformation works: you'll need to have 20% of the World be following your Religions to normally Enhance. St. Basil's let's you ignore that. I think letting you Enhance quicker is worth a not so great Wonder.

Sure it is hard to judge, and I'm mostly playing on small/standard maps where reforming a religion is supereasy (takes like 5 missionaries to get to 20%). You want to spread your religion like crazy anyways to get benefits from beliefs and extra votes.

Sure it is hard to judge, and I'm mostly playing on small/standard maps where reforming a religion is supereasy (takes like 5 missionaries to get to 20%). You want to spread your religion like crazy anyways to get benefits from beliefs and extra votes.

Incidentally you could have a Religion that you don't wan others to have and keep it to your self.

Borodur stands out as a pretty weak wonder to me. I guess I don't like its momentariness - you only get those three missionaries and that's it. At least enhancing/reforming your religion earlier can mean better chances at picking the most desirable beliefs, but the missionaries feel a little lackluster. Sometimes I don't have valid places to send them to because I'm either surrounded/cut off by enemies or all my friendly neighbours have religions of their own and I don't want to piss them off. I like the free stupa suggestion.

Top Bottom