Thoughts on 1UPT and possible improvements

Welcome to the forums, Medicalham. :wavey:

IMHO, your idea is way too tactical. Civ is a strategy game, not a tactical game, and having to worry so much about the relative strengths and weaknesses of your unit combinations would add a tactical dimension to the game that wouldn't fit in with the rest of the game, or what the combat system should be aiming to be like.

Been knocked out by the flu for the last couple of days so I haven't been able to do anything further here.

Any other playtesting going on perhaps, or was the only action on this thread due to a (rather awkward) thread merger?

I've enjoyed this discussion so far. I have a suggestion for your worker problem:

Make workers instantly buildable by any city at the cost of reducing that city's population by one. A worker will build one improvement, and then disappear.

This both gives you the disappearing workers you want, and stops them from choking the build queue. In addition, it makes the pillaging of an improvement that much more devastating, and motivates players to protect more than just their cities.

Consider buffing the tile bonuses to compensate for the steep cost.

Consider having pillaged improvements auto repair over time if they are worked.

Make roads build themselves automatically.

Thanks for the comments alexander, however none of that is really implementable given the current state of the mod tools.

I would definately appreciate you giving the alpha build linked in post #17 on this thread a bit of playtesting, I'm interested in comments that would help me further refine it. Thx-

Top Bottom