Thread to Report main site (not forum) issues

Takhisis

¡Patria y vida!
I'm not sure whether this has to do with Xenforo or is a separate issue, but on this page the formatting is displayed instead of rendered. There might be others; I haven't checked them all.

Please check 1-2 more, I need to know if this is a wide-spread problem.
And no, not a Xenforo issue, this part of the website runs on wordpress.
So far I'm seeing that the tables in some civilopedia unit lists compress the graphics laterally, which shouldn't happen.

Here, for example. Look at the units on the lefthand column.

Here, for example. Look at the units on the lefthand column.
I have a small screen, and no other one to hand (only tomorrow at work), please someone confirm for me:
- civ specific units table: Images are squeezed
- other tables below are displayed normal

I suspect this could be the global setting for the side width. If the width of the table including pictures exceeds the max width, then the pictures will get squeezed.
That could be... annoying, I think.

EDIT: Nope, this is a manual fix for each and every picture on its own. Easy to do, but annoying for the mass.
@Takhisis I can give you editing rights on the wordpress install, if you want to fix such problems yourself.

Last edited:
I've never played around on Wordpress, but if the only required qualification is ‘having free time’ then I could pop in on Thursday or later.

On the articles thing (is this really the thread for it or should we split it off?) here we have at least one article with wrecked links: the wonders guide.

On the articles thing (is this really the thread for it or should we split it off?) here we have at least one article with wrecked links: the wonders guide.
Jesus, I had not seen how long this is.
Luckily I got around the manual editing by finding a bbcode to html editor, and then editing directly the HTML.
Means if you find more like this, then fixing it should not be a major issue.

Eeeehhh, this might be weird to you, but I've only now seen that the thread was split off. CFC's forum software does not give warning that posts were split off unless it's split into the alerts, which include every single time that somebody quotes a post, replies to a thread or just posts a ‘like’ anywhere on the site at all, and neither does did it the subscription to the parent thread carry over to this one.

Anyway, how's progress on this? You mention conversions between bbcode and html, and for the latter a text editor usually suffices.

Eeeehhh, this might be weird to you, but I've only now seen that the thread was split off. CFC's forum software does not give warning that posts were split off unless it's split into the alerts, which include every single time that somebody quotes a post, replies to a thread or just posts a ‘like’ anywhere on the site at all, and neither does did it the subscription to the parent thread carry over to this one.
Ah... no....er...
This isn't really "split". Once upon a time TF just copied over worthy threads to the main page. Technically there's no connection at all between the text on the main page, and the forum post. So you'd never ever get a notification here about anything on the main page (that is, on www.civfanatics.com, in contrast to forums.civfanatics.com).
Anyway, how's progress on this? You mention conversions between bbcode and html, and for the latter a text editor usually suffices.
I thought it'd be clear, but it's done ;).

Going down a lot today, briefly

Top Bottom