Three religions founded in Bombay

MkLh

King
Can someone please explain this? Judaism is obvious, but Christianity and Islam were founded when Asoka already had 7-9 cities sot it's an unlikely coincidence. Do shrines attract new religions or can AI choose the city where religion is founded? This is quite annoying because I built all possibly culture buildings in Uthecth to fight Bombay's already huge culture pressure and now it still surely loses spices tile and eventually probably flips itself. :mad:

View attachment 196449

Bombay is not the capital, so it's possible.

Also, since Asoka has a state religion (Judaism), only this religion gives a +5 bonus in culture, others have no effect.

If all your cities have at least one religion when you found your second religion the first holy city can be the holy city for the new religion as well. This happens quite often. Now if all your cities have two or more religions when you found your third religion and the double holy city only has two (obviously) it can quite possibly become a triple holy city. I've never seen it in a normal game though. A holy city is always founded in a city that has the fewest religions and then I think size and just randomness come into play.
This only applies if the city isn't the capital unless it's your only city.

all i can say is this ... capture for Wallstreet and spam priests for the shrines

It's relatively rare since there's natural bias against double holy cities in the RNG if there are other options, but it's certainly not impossible. Luck.

It's relatively rare since there's natural bias against double holy cities in the RNG if there are other options

Which is dumb IMO. In real life, Jerusalem was the birthplace of Judaism, Islam, and Christianity. By that example, the first civ which manages to found three religions should get a triple holy city.

Which is dumb IMO. In real life, Jerusalem was the birthplace of Judaism, Islam, and Christianity. By that example, the first civ which manages to found three religions should get a triple holy city.

Not really. While Jerusalem has immense spiritual value to all three religions, they were not all founded there. Judaism for sure and maybe Christianity(though that is a stretch), but it would be more accurate to say that Islam was founded in Mecca.

... wasn't Judaism 'founded' around the time the Jews was leaving egypt, but first getting orginized and centralized in Jerusalem?

Before calling something dumb OR well-implemented, do recall that game-balance is at least as important as real-life history, if not more so. Sure, it's a game based on history, but the way religions are set up, having a triple holy city so easily is just asking for a runaway civ, and the player would probably abuse it beyond belief.

Holy City is important for the religious Wonder, which in turn is largely cash from pilgrims. So while Jerusalem is definitely the Holy City for Judaism, there is no way it is for Islam. Effectively is for Christianity,as Bethlehem would be a Town worked by Jerusalem, and a Christian pilgrim is going to be as interested in Jerusalem as in Bethlehem, and probably spend more money there.

this is quite possible for a human civ. I think the mechanics work like this: If none of your cities have religions, then the holy city is assigned to the city with zero culture. If you have more than 1 cities w/ zero religion and zero culture, then holy city is assigned to the city with the highest pop. In the case that 2 or more cities that met the conditions I just listed, then the choice of holy city is random.

Now in your case, it is quite possible that Asoka spread his missionaries around so that all his cities have the same number of religions before each time he found his holy cities. Bombay probably have the highest pop in the entire game (or at least each time right before he found a holy city) and thats why they all concentrated in just one city.

Top Bottom