Tilted earth [150x72]

Good Sauce

(TM)
I have been wanting to make a map like this for a very long time but couldn't find a good source map to work from until pablalf brought the Jaredia map to my attention(thanks!). Impatient as I am I couldn't wait until his release so I made my own. Unfortunately it's too big to run past the middle ages on my machine so I'm sending it to the community for play testing.

Civs are not in their accurate starting locations, but I've tried to place them in spots that 'feel' right. My main feedback request is if certain civs are running away with the game, or if some are clearly too weak.

I've arranged resources to encourage trading so don't expect everything to be at hand. never the less if you feel the resources need tweaking tell me.

edit: i know antartica is too big, I did the best I could, but i preferred accuracy of shape over proportion. Once again ides for revision are welcome.

Attachments

• jared9.ScreenShot.1.jpg
    jared9.ScreenShot.1.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 1,412
  • jared10.zip
    48.6 KB · Views: 294
Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you blind????:mad: , This map is Jaredia, the same map I´m doing.

Thanks for nothing:mad: . This is inmoral, make a map another people is doing:mad:

If you wanted to do a new map you had more: Dubia, Turnovia, etc..., and all of them are property of Chris Wayan, I hope you´ve asked permission, like I did. Copyright is him.

You can't 'call dibs' on an idea, sorry. If you had taken the time to read my post instead of just having a knee-jerk reaction you'd have seen that I actually did acknowledge that it was your idea first and thanked you.

It'd be much more helpful to learn from each other's maps. For instance I really think you should reconsider your decision to use accurate civ locations and resources. Particularly because of Europe. there is no way a frozen europe could support so many civs.

Finally kudos for making it a more manageable world size. this was as small as I could shrink mine without losing detail.

edit: I included a direct link to your thread.

Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you blind????:mad: , This map is Jaredia, the same map I´m doing.

Thanks for nothing:mad: . This is inmoral, make a map another people is doing:mad:

If you wanted to do a new map you had more: Dubia, Turnovia, etc..., and all of them are property of Chris Wayan, I hope you´ve asked permission, like I did. Copyright is him.

He doesn't need to seek permission from anyone, this is fair use and doesn't violate any copyright laws.

Besides, you should take this as a complement, and more people (myself included) will probably use your map because it's small and Civ 4 is slow as hell.

Chill out man.

Well, perhaps I´ve been "a bit" angry man, but you must understand me, this is my first map I´ve ever done to Civ4, I´ve have few time to create my maps, and this "first" Jaredia map arrived surprisly fast.

I don´t have any problem if someone can do my maps faster than I, but I should ask you to tell me first, if you want to do it, to avoid me situations like this.

And Jaredia creator is Chris Wayan, not me, he doesn´t have any problem to let us done his maps if we put his name and his web in those maps, so Good sauce, you should put in map file some reference similar to I´ll put in my Jaredia map:

""Jaredia Map, an original Idea by Chris> Wayan; visit Jaredia and other Wayan worlds in his home page:> http://worlddreambank.org/PLANETS.HTM. Converted to CV4 BTS by Pablalf"

P.D.: Good Sauce and other people, you have reason, we should be friends and colaborate in others maps creation, are you ok?

This map is great, but it's a BTS save game. How do you convert a BTS save to Vanilla save? I did this a while ago but now I don't remember how I did it.

It's a nice map but i was a little disappointed not being able to pick my favourite civ.

It seem pretty balanced though.

Top Bottom