Time Immersion - Request

Bosworth II VII

Chieftain
I remember someone made a mod for Civ 5 back in the day, it basically had an overlay for the calendar in the top right section of the screen and when you entered a new era the year changed.

The reason I would like to see this is simply for the people(myself included) who rather than play as a hardcore strategist simply enjoy the game for being what it is, a civilisation simulator.

I have no idea how to make a mod and don't really have the patience (more of a world builder guy) so if there is someone who has the skills and loves immersion perhaps they could make this.

I know it is actually harder than it may seem to do but essentially freeze the year to a (roughly) historically accurate date as to when the tech was made/discovered and keep it at that year until you research the next one.

Thank you for reading :)

There are a lot of ideas, but not a lot of coders.

My own ideas can keep me busy coding for the next decade I think, so I don't take requests. But I do usually keep an eye on the idea & suggestions sections, lots of interesting stuff here and there, it does help to design mods.

Back to your thread, this is something that bother me sometimes, but if I had to implement it, I'd do something simple, like just displaying the era of the most advanced civ (or a median era) and the turn number, without date.

There are a lot of ideas, but not a lot of coders.

My own ideas can keep me busy coding for the next decade I think, so I don't take requests. But I do usually keep an eye on the idea & suggestions sections, lots of interesting stuff here and there, it does help to design mods.

Back to your thread, this is something that bother me sometimes, but if I had to implement it, I'd do something simple, like just displaying the era of the most advanced civ (or a median era) and the turn number, without date.

I suppose your right, i just hope someone who can mod and wants the same thing will let me know if they can make it :) never actually thought about having it so the most advanced civ represents the year but i guess that would work to.

Top Bottom