1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Time Immersion - Request

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Requests & Ideas' started by Bosworth II VII, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Bosworth II VII

Bosworth II VII Chieftain

I remember someone made a mod for Civ 5 back in the day, it basically had an overlay for the calendar in the top right section of the screen and when you entered a new era the year changed.

The reason I would like to see this is simply for the people(myself included) who rather than play as a hardcore strategist simply enjoy the game for being what it is, a civilisation simulator.

I have no idea how to make a mod and don't really have the patience (more of a world builder guy) so if there is someone who has the skills and loves immersion perhaps they could make this.

I know it is actually harder than it may seem to do but essentially freeze the year to a (roughly) historically accurate date as to when the tech was made/discovered and keep it at that year until you research the next one.

Thank you for reading :)

2. Bosworth II VII

I noticed this section of the forum doesn't get a lot of replies :(

3. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

There are a lot of ideas, but not a lot of coders.

My own ideas can keep me busy coding for the next decade I think, so I don't take requests. But I do usually keep an eye on the idea & suggestions sections, lots of interesting stuff here and there, it does help to design mods.

Back to your thread, this is something that bother me sometimes, but if I had to implement it, I'd do something simple, like just displaying the era of the most advanced civ (or a median era) and the turn number, without date.

4. Bosworth II VII

I suppose your right, i just hope someone who can mod and wants the same thing will let me know if they can make it :) never actually thought about having it so the most advanced civ represents the year but i guess that would work to.