Time victory only

Gewar

Chieftain
I am trying to get some achivements and I found very difficult to get time victory - simply becouse other victory contitions are met earlier.

So I started game with following settings:
- Random Civ (Askia)
- Time only
- Emperor (my comfort zone ;) )
- Marathon
- Huge Perfect World (modified by me)
- 22 Civs (w\ Rome and Polynesia) and 28 CS

It's now half of a game and me +Germany and Russia are in modern era. And it is half of the game! :D
There are 17 civs left in the game and total domination is out of range (mostly becouse of happiness). I've got something like 10% of land area and stable economy. I could use annexion bug to make it better but I don't want it now.
I have all of the strategic res. but in low numbers (esp. alu and uranium) so there probably would be some puppeting in the near future :p
I have some diplomatic relations still working.

Anyway - I am finding this game very different from regular and I am enjoing it. Turns takes an about 30s, but I have another computer and surfing the Internet so it is not so bad ;)

I am also curious if Deity Players:
- are winning any game by time victory (with all enabled and no "farming")
- would find this settings enjoyable (maby smaller map - but time-only, marathon and 22 civs)

I am going time + domination on single city challenge, with 21 players, and no city states - on a huge lakes map on deity level, with abundant resources.

Playing as Russia, and the nearest iron is six squares away! Its great, you have to play the political game, to prevent everyone declaring way on you, and you get the benefit of being able to complete many of the wonders in peace.

Its a follow on from a similar game I had with monty, but in that game, I gave myself all the conceivable advantages, but played isolationist - ie no trade or research agreements.

This time, its just a standard start, but waiting to hopefully get the porcelain tower before starting the research agreements. Of course, I am way out of the running at present, but since complete kills is on, late game, I will have to go on a massive killing spree, to even get in contention for a win. The good part though, is when you destroy a city, some other civ, promptly lays down a new settler in the old location of the city. But you do get some awesomely skilled troops.

But even now, I am thinking about starting again, to play as the USA - the movement bonus for minute men is just too important in this style of game.

Top Bottom