Timer speeds need better scaling....

A+ombomb

Actuary
Early on in the game, even on turn 1, for later era starts there isn't nearly enough time to set up. I mean look at future - you start with all that crap and no prior knowledge of the map, and even though turn 1 is extended time it's not nearly enough to figure out where you will put your cities and your game plan. On the other end of the scale, even blazing isn't fast enough past turn 50, and just drags! I would really like to see some better turn scaling...more time early and less time later!

Early history of civilizations not much actually happend. Things stayed relatively the same for exteded periods of time.

It is only recently in real history that change and progress happen so rapidly.

Therefore, there is no reason to change the early years of the game because that would be a dramatic mis-representation of the pace at which civilizations effect change in themselves.

You do know that A+ombomb is talking about the turn timer in Multiplayer, right?

Anyway, just turn off the turn timer and there will be plenty of time, and thenin the late game it's just when everyone finishes their turn. This really should be in the Multiplayer forum, though.

My friends and I never turn on the timer... But we've been playing civ series for over 2 years and keep things at a nice pace.

You posted on wrong forum as 95% of players here won't play on-line in a multiplayer game with a turn timer ;)

I don't agree with you if you're talking about an ancient start. 20 secs for a scout to move on turn 2-10 gives you enough time to look around, and later on, I need the 1 minute to decide what to do.

I do agree that on a rennaissance/medieval starts the timer isn't good. The games (often teamers) are played on fast instead of blazing because during the first 10 turns you get on blazing way too low amount of time, but later on you have to wait ages till the turn flips, and especially on that startera all wait till turn flip to get first move next turn.

Top Bottom