Tiny icons and text.

E.man

Prince
Total newb.

Just bought it and looking at tutorials.

I'm using 16" laptop and everything useful is tiny.
Resource icons at the top and every piece of text to do with unit action and options so small.

Coming from Civ VI where it's all easy to see.

Had a look at online screen shots and they look the same.

Am I supposed to use a big screen or a magnifying glass or something?

Very Disappointing.

Have you tried adjusting the UI scale under Options -> UI?
Couldn't find a UI Scale at all.

Turned up the HUD slider which cleared things up, not sure maybe helped size a little.

Looks seriously complex game.

There are 3 separate scaling options which can be amended separately, all found under Options - Accessibility.

HUD Scale increases the size of the panels on the main display and most of the UI
Tooltip Scale increases the size of the tooltips that appear when hovering over links
Popup Text Size increases the size of notifications and events

If you are still having any issues after fiddling with these options, please let us know what specifically and we can tweak or add further options.

Reactions: uhu
There are 3 separate scaling options which can be amended separately, all found under Options - Accessibility.

HUD Scale increases the size of the panels on the main display and most of the UI
Tooltip Scale increases the size of the tooltips that appear when hovering over links
Popup Text Size increases the size of notifications and events

If you are still having any issues after fiddling with these options, please let us know what specifically and we can tweak or add further options.
Will have a look at those thanks.

It is, but you can also enjoy it casually.
Don't expect the same as Civ VI, it is a different game.
I've been playing Civ on and off since the original so a lot of it comes second nature even after missing a few versions. This is my first full new system of this style so not used to having to start from scratch.

Couldn't find a UI Scale at all.

Turned up the HUD slider which cleared things up, not sure maybe helped size a little.

Looks seriously complex game.
I already set the HUD slider to max, but it's still too small.
My monitor has no big resolution (about 1024 x 1280). The monitor don't really support other resolutions - no workaround.
Therefore I have always to guess what is written.

Hint: The popups are big enough.

I already set the HUD slider to max, but it's still too small.
My monitor has no big resolution (about 1024 x 1280). The monitor don't really support other resolutions - no workaround.
Therefore I have always to guess what is written.

Hint: The popups are big enough.
Thanks for the feedback.

Would you mind posting a screenshot highlighting which areas you are having trouble with?

There is a bug currently in the main version which means the Override Scaling Limit option isn't working - you should be able to turn that on and increase the scale sliders even further, though it does cause some overlap issues. This will be fixed in the next main update which is due next week and is already fixed on the test branch if you wish to try that out.

A typical situation, see attachment.
Especially the text at the left side is hard to read.

Attachments

• ow.bmp
    3.8 MB · Views: 27
A typical situation, see attachment.
Especially the text at the left side is hard to read.
That looks like the HUD scaling is not working as intended. You have the HUD Scale slider set to max in Options - Accessibility, as per my screenshot? I attach an example of what the HUD should look like with that set.

EDIT: This seems to be related to the scaling override bug in the main version currently that affects some resolutions. The next update, due tomorrow Wednesday 31st May, should fix this.

Attachments

• HUDScaling.png
    HUDScaling.png
    155.9 KB · Views: 26
  • MaxHUDWindowedexample.png
    MaxHUDWindowedexample.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Thanks!

Yes my HUD slider was at max as in your picture.
But I still use V108. As it's name in V109 the HUD scale is fixed, I'll try it with an update first.
Else I have to delete files as you described.

Greetings, Peter

Edit: It's solved with V109! You can define the scale in a much bigger range.

Last edited:
Top Bottom