Tn'T D3 - On to the Middle Ages...

truckingpete

On a Stark Trek
Yes, we come to the greatest age of all time, well I think it is, with the Knights, Castles, Armor and all that good stuff...So I'll start the discussion now...

Techs:

\---Ancient Times---/

Construction (Aqueduct, Collusum (sp?), Great Wall)
Currency (Marketplace)
Monarchy (Hanging Gardens)
The Republic (Govt - Republic)

*|---Middle Ages---|*
Monothesim (Cathedral)
Feudalism (Med. Inf.)
Engineering (Trebs.)
Chivarly (after Monothesim and Feudalism, Knights)
Theology (Sistine Chapel) (Need Mono.)
Invention (need Feud. and Engineering.) (Longbowman, Leo's Workshop)

Trades:

Perisa:
Cheap trades...

Germany:
Any 1 tech for 67 gold (all he has)

Rome:
Any 1 tech for 125 gold (all he has)

France:
None

- TP

Let's trade with Rome, then, except if you are talking about Philosophy. We must hold philo as long as we can because of the MoM. The AI MUST NOT get that wonder.

This thread got buried so fast that I posted another one just like it! :blush:

truckingpete, please accept my apologies.

Our next research should be Republic, and we should trade Mathematics to Germany for 67 gold.

We should not trade anything to Rome, because they are one of the advanced nations (even though they are 3 techs behind us). Anything we sell them will likely fall into the hands of the others.

Donovan Zoi said:
This thread got buried so fast that I posted another one just like it! :blush:

truckingpete, please accept my apologies.

No problem...was going to bump it tonight too....:D

I also agree to your proposal....

Considering that not many people have posted..I'll put a poll up tonight...

Here is out choices AS OF NOW (you can still post):

Trades:
Trade w/ Rome for any tech (pick a tech if you vote for this, majority who posted for the same tech, we trade...)
Mathematics to Germany for 67 gold.

Tech:
Construction (Aqueduct, Collusum (sp?), Great Wall)
Currency (Marketplace)
Monarchy (Hanging Gardens)
The Republic (Govt - Republic)

You still have time to discuss!!! :D

We'll be needing all the gold we can get, so I'd rather collect it from other civs, even the more powerful ones like Rome, than let them trade it back and forth among themselves.

As for research, the most critical thing we can do, if we research at all, is to aim for something that the others won't be researching. We also must go fast enough that they won't beat us to it, since any gold invested in a tech we later get from the Great Library is wasted. Although it causes a lot of people a lot of anxiety, I'd say don't research at all and maximize our gold for use in rushes and upgrades. Later when we are in danger of learning education, we can turn research back on. Also if we're sure that the others won't research something, then go for it fast and furious.

Top Bottom