To many build options in city, so "more" just shows up

Dastari

Chieftain
I'm sure that we've all had this happen. Once you progress enough technologically and you found a new city, suddenly there are too many options of what to build and your menu first shows all the military units that you can build. Then when you click more it just goes to another window with just the word "more" on it. No matter what I do it only lets me build units and not city improvements. The only "fix" that I've found is to build wonders to reduce the number of options in the city until more options can be selected. That of course is a costly and time consuming fix. Is there any other way to do this that any of you have found?

Secondary question, what constitutes a continent? Is it just one continuous landmass? So if I play on Earth, the game would consider Europe, Asia, and Africa as one "continent"? And North and Sound America together are one continent? Or is there some kind of distance component to keep from having a continent that large? I want to know how far the benefits of Wonders that effect an entire continent extends.

I'm sure that we've all had this happen. Once you progress enough technologically and you found a new city, suddenly there are too many options of what to build and your menu first shows all the military units that you can build. Then when you click more it just goes to another window with just the word "more" on it. No matter what I do it only lets me build units and not city improvements. The only "fix" that I've found is to build wonders to reduce the number of options in the city until more options can be selected. That of course is a costly and time consuming fix. Is there any other way to do this that any of you have found?

Secondary question, what constitutes a continent? Is it just one continuous landmass? So if I play on Earth, the game would consider Europe, Asia, and Africa as one "continent"? And North and Sound America together are one continent? Or is there some kind of distance component to keep from having a continent that large? I want to know how far the benefits of Wonders that effect an entire continent extends.

right clicking the selection will switch your production to auto, which can give you some buildings. the buildings that are selected in auto are slightly influenced by the city's production. i dont know details on that, but you can find them on the forum.

continents are one single landmass. so. JSBach cathedral for instance has the same effect regardless of being build in south africa or europe, but if you build it in perth, you will find it can only effect cities in australia.

PS
by the time you get to see the "more" bug, you should be able to produce the cheap wonders in less than 10 turns in some of your cities i'd hope.

Top Bottom