Toggling Raze City causes unlimited increase in unrest

manatap

Chieftain
Not sure if this is a bug, whenever I click on "Raze city" it causes the unrest period to increase by the number of pop. What's weird, whenever I click on "Stop razing city" it also causes the unrest period to increase by the number of pop.

The effect of this: if I continuously click on the Raze/Stop button, the unrest will increase unlimited going into hundreds, even thousands of turns.

Where do you even see the unrest counter? I've been looking for it but can't find it.

It's a small icon under the city label; looks like a chain. It's the same as Civ 5, except the color is gray instead of red. It can be a little hard to see against the semi transparent city label.

Yeah, I managed to see that in my last game. But where's the *counter*? I want to know how long the city is going to be in unrest for. At the moment I just wait and wait and wait and suddenly (without any notification) it's productive.

Yeah, I managed to see that in my last game. But where's the *counter*? I want to know how long the city is going to be in unrest for. At the moment I just wait and wait and wait and suddenly (without any notification) it's productive.

I found it as a mouse-over tool-tip when hovering my cursor over the unrest chain icon under the city on the map. It was an insane number of turns in my case(40+) so I decided to raze the city.

If you were at negative health, but captured a huge city that you really wanted to keep, one option is to raze it down to a manageable size, then stop razing. (Unlike Civ 5, city pop in BE is not reduced upon city capture.)

Here's a screenshot showing the unrest period after I clicked the Raze/Stop button 20 times. 640 turns! Save is attached.

Attachments

• Rejinaldo de Alencar_TURN 491.CivBESave
    549.2 KB · Views: 182
  • bug.jpg
    bug.jpg
    328.9 KB · Views: 1,509
Same thing happened to me. But at the time I didn't know it could be a bug. I was playing a quick game speed game, and one city I captured had a 320 turn unrest. I clicked to raze it at first then changed by mind later. Then for no apparent reason clicked raze / unraze a few times because I actually wanted to puppet it instead.

you do realize that the puppet/annex does not work like civ V? puppet, you get unrest for the length of the population in the city... annex you get unrest for 2 times the population, so if you click puppet, you get unrest= to the city pop, stop the razing which annexs the city, you get added on 2 times the population.

the old trick of razing a city down for happiness reasons is no longer a critical element in BE, and the change in puppet/annex increases the unrest period, if you puppet first, and then annex...

you want to control the city, annex right from the start, that will be the shortest length of time of unrest.

Yes, the mechanic is different, and there should be a downside to ping-ponging back and forth, but there should be no combination of clicks that results in 640 turns of unrest in a 19-pop city. At worst, the unrest period should reset to 2x population each time you do it.

Top Bottom