Tooltip: Anyway to delay or turnit off!?

You can anchor it to the bottom left easily, but that is the tooltip for the terrain. That selection can be done in the setup file people use to also change the next unit selection logic. The *delay* was hidden in another file. That is what I have succeeded in changing so far...

The one for the unit construction menu is not like that and is controlled in some other file I have yet to find. So I know how to modify the delay on the terrain tooltip and have that done, but the tooltip for selecting which unit/place to build in your cities is not easily found... I am still hunting. 50% done though and it has helped declutter the screen SO MUCH!

Yeah it's the one for the unit and building construction! So frustrating!

They really needed another month to polish the game off!

Yeah it's the one for the unit and building construction! So frustrating!

They really needed another month to polish the game off!
This is standard practice for Firaxis. Of the recent civ games...Civ 5 and 4, all started this way. Needing a little extra work, or major work before the game was considered a great game. Not the best policy, but *Firaxis* is consistent.

I believe that I have figured out a way to delay the tool tip spam across all of the game.

If you download Visual Studio Code or whatever editor you prefer to use, you can do a search across the \Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI directory for the RealizeTooltipBehavior function you can add an else statement at the bottom of the if statement inside the function that does the following:

else
TTManager:SetToolTipDelay( 5.0 );
end

This will update the Tool Tip delays to 5 seconds instead of instantly. I have noticed it is not exactly 5 seconds but it does what you would expect.

This is what the function in the \Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\FrontEnd\MainMenu.lua file looks like after I made this change there:

function RealizeTooltipBehavior()
local toolTipBehavior:number = Options.GetAppOption("UI", "TooltipBehavior");
if toolTipBehavior == TooltipBehavior.AlwaysShowing then
TTManager:SetToolTipDelay( 0.0 );
elseif toolTipBehavior == TooltipBehavior.ShowAfterDelay then
TTManager:SetToolTipDelay( 2.0 ); -- seconds to delay before showing
elseif toolTipBehavior == TooltipBehavior.ShowOnButton then
TTManager:SetToolTipDelay( 0.0 ); -- no delay (but require button.)
else
end
end

TTManager:SetToolTipDelay( 5.0 ); can be set to any amount of seconds from what I can see.

Make sure to take back ups of any files you edit in case of errors.

I believe that I have figured out a way to delay the tool tip spam across all of the game.

If you download Visual Studio Code or whatever editor you prefer to use, you can do a search across the \Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI directory for the RealizeTooltipBehavior function you can add an else statement at the bottom of the if statement inside the function that does the following:

else
end

This will update the Tool Tip delays to 5 seconds instead of instantly. I have noticed it is not exactly 5 seconds but it does what you would expect.

This is what the function in the \Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\FrontEnd\MainMenu.lua file looks like after I made this change there:

function RealizeTooltipBehavior()
local toolTipBehavior:number = Options.GetAppOption("UI", "TooltipBehavior");
if toolTipBehavior == TooltipBehavior.AlwaysShowing then
TTManager:SetToolTipDelay( 0.0 );
elseif toolTipBehavior == TooltipBehavior.ShowAfterDelay then
TTManager:SetToolTipDelay( 2.0 ); -- seconds to delay before showing
elseif toolTipBehavior == TooltipBehavior.ShowOnButton then
TTManager:SetToolTipDelay( 0.0 ); -- no delay (but require button.)
else
end
end

TTManager:SetToolTipDelay( 5.0 ); can be set to any amount of seconds from what I can see.

Make sure to take back ups of any files you edit in case of errors.

I changed like you showed but still I have tooltips everythere, I want to turn it off or delay it. I mean it is mostly irritating in production menu.

Top Bottom