ToT: Unit info bug... again !

Eyn

Warlord
when i have created my Japan scenario for ToT, i've founded a strange "unit info" bug... some of my units CAN'T have "info", their names didn't appear in the tech info box and if these units can be build, they can't be create by events !

this time i've decided to update my WW2 scenario with some graphiks from Global Power IV and all the units (almost all) taken from Nemo's units !

AND OOPS IT DID IT AGAIN !!!

one (maybe more) of the units don't have info box, it's name don't appear in the tech info box and i've not tested yet, but i'm sure i can't create it with event !

I wonder if others ToT scenarios have the same "bug", so i search it in Global Dictator IV and see that the Armoured Infantry from the Combined Arms tech can't have info box and don't have it's name in the tech info box too !

if anybody have some info about this bug and how eliminate it...
thanks

civilopedia tech tree and build box we cant have info on such units anywhere

just take a look at your scenario GPIV
in the cililopedia tech, the armoured infantry of the tech combined arms have no name, so no links for info and if u give combined arms to a civ, u can build unit, but it doesn't work if u clic on "info" in the build box

and in the units civilopedia, this unit is not listed !
no test but i'm sure that if if u try to create it by events, u can't

Hmmm, most of the events created units are national ones,
like the USSR T-34 tanks, or Me109s, I have not tested the
events by creating mundane units like the APCs, etc,

I'm going to test this,

Keep in mind, ToT has some weird bugs left over from the earlier
CIV2 versions, and the Civlopedia bug is one of them.

All the the units that are meant to appear in GP Dictator,
do appear when they are meant to...

It's an odd bug.
:confused:

the problem is with the last 18 units, units only ToT have !
so for your scenario (units from A6M2 Zero to Elite Guard)

these units can't have info and i need to test it but thought that they can't be created by events createunit option !

please look at your units civilopedia and tell me if y see or not these units, i wonder if it's a french ToT version bug or not.

but this last 18 units are listed in the civilopedia of the "ingame" scenarios (extended, Midgard, Sci-fi)....

(10 min later...)

AFTER SOME TESTS, i've copy/paste/delete... I VE FOUND !!!!
WE NEED TO HAVE THE DESCRIBE.TXT OF THE "EXTENDED ORIGINAL" SCENARIO IF I WANT TO HAVE ALL UNITS INFO !

I met the same problem when making my first ToT modpack in 1999.

Yes, this is not a bug at all. Simply every unit in Civilopedia needs its line in Describe.txt. You can add additional lines into any ToT Describe.txt file. If you don't plan to write descriptions then writing -1 to every new line will do the job. Describe.txt from Extended Original works because these lines are already added there (for alien units).

i've made a small Describe.txt (14 Ko) with all units, wonder... = -1
take it to my japan and WW2 scenario and now all units have info box and all units can be create by events createunit !

Top Bottom