1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Totally random starting locations

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by Fnugus, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Fnugus

Fnugus Chieftain

Is there a script that determines starting locations completely randomly? I've noticed that in the nearing hundred multiplayer games I've played with a friend on numerous different maps, we've never started on the same continent.

Is there an 'easy' way to alter the standard Continents script to generate 3-5 continents (instead of 2-3), and then distribute players randomly, so that there might be a possibility for player 1 and 2 to start on the same continent (and an equal chance that they don't).

Or is there a script out there that can already do this?

Moderator Action: Moved to the main forum, because that's where questions belong to.

2. Sto

Sto Should i code today ...

You can try Full of Resources. Starting locations are totally random and does not depend on level.

There is an option also to put human players far away if you'd like.

3. Fnugus

Fnugus Chieftain

That's huge O.o Thanks, it's a place to start, in any case. I just wanted to scrounge that single functionality for use with several other custom map scripts.