Tour de France Challenge 2006

sanabas said:
Other jerseys will still be McEwen, Pineau & Fothen. McEwen stuffed up the sprint today though. Either he was too knackered to go when he was second wheel, or Steegman led him out too early. Looks like he's lost his chance of wearing yellow now, he could have had two days in it with a better sprint.

Cool -- thanks! Updated the results, above.

Mojotronica said:
Ha! The superiority of my "come-from-behind... WAY behind... victory" plan is revealed!

Floyd Landis to blitz the time trail, and wear yellow all the way to Paris. you can still do it.

Beautiful sprint to watch today, Steegmans timed the leadout perfectly.

1st: McEwen
2nd: Benatti
3rd: Boonen

And the jerseys for tomorrow

Yellow: Boonen
Green: McEwen
Polka dot: Pineau
White: Vaugrenard

Rogers to win tomorrow and take yellow. Go the aussies.

Thanks for the assist!

The points:
Team sanabas = 27 (+2 tomorrow (for Jersey,) total = 29)
Team Surtur = 24 (+2 tomorrow, total = 26)
Team Dell = 20 (+3 tomorrow, total = 23)
Team ChrTh = 20
Team Mojo = 1

EDIT: Completed update.

Shouldn't my Zabriskie be yellow as well?

I reallllly need Hincapie or Kloden to pull it out tomorrow. I'm falling behind! :sad:

I think Team Surtur just took a sizable lead with the Honchar pick ... win today, yellow tomorrow and probably Monday as well. Not bad for 5 points!

And Team Mojo gets points!

Here's an updated teams roster, with the yellow points earned indicator removed so that ChrTh has a harder time catching me skimming points going forward: ;)

(He was right by the way -- I owed him and Dell19 a point each for Zabriskie. My bad -- sorry!)

Instead I've color-coded the eliminated riders on our teams Purple (so far that's just Valverde...)

I've created ANOTHER worksheet where I keep track of individual rider's points. Hopefully that will help prevent any further embarrassing incidents with the points...

And, finally, the updated points totals for each of our teams:

Team Surtur = 31 (+5 tomorrow, for the Jerseys, total = 36)
Team sanabas = 29 (+ 2 tomorrow, total = 31)
Team Dell = 23
Team ChrTh = 21
Team Mojo = 4

Stage 8 Winners:

1st CALZATI Sylvain
2nd CARLSTROM Kjell
3rd HALGAND Patrice

Stage 9 Jersey wearers:

(Stays the same as yesterday)

Yellow = HONCHAR Sergiy
Green = MC EWEN Robbie
Polka Dot = PINEAU Jérôme
White = FOTHEN Marcus

Point Totals:

Team Surtur = 36 (+5 tomorrow, for the Jerseys, total = 41)
Team sanabas = 31 (+2 tomorrow, total = 33)
Team Dell = 23
Team ChrTh = 21
Team Mojo = 4

Still with people behind me then. :)

Funny that I primarily based my picks by looking at what Mojo and ChrTh had picked.

My excuse is that I'm an American. My first list was just "Lance Armstrong, Lance Armstrong, Lance Armstrong, Lance Armstrong, Lance Armstrong, Lance Armstrong, Lance Armstrong, Lance Armstrong and Lance Armstrong" and then I found out he wasn't racing anymore.

I picked mine in a hurry, I was looking for white jersey and/or people who could pinch a stage win with the 5 point picks. I'm very disappointed I missed Fothen and Honchar, both excellent time triallers.

Stage 9

1. Oscar Freire
2. Robbie Mc Ewen
3. Erik Zabel

Jerseys:

Yellow = Serhiy HONCHAR
Green = Robbie MC EWEN
Polka Dot = Jérôme PINEAU
White = Marcus FOTHEN

Top Bottom