Trade Discussion $5: Now With Fact Checker!

Stuck_as_a_Mac

Aptenodytes forsteri
Welcome to discussion $5. The real one, that is. Last one shoulda been $4.
Anyway, here we go:
The situation with nationalism is still a no-go. I still dont feel we should trade Steam, especially for a tech that isnt required. This goes for Cathy, Mao and Joan.
I would like to possibly gift Rome Printing Press.

I do hope the RBO does a report. Otherwise, we dont have anything here except gifting the Romans a tech.

SaaM

Can we have a discussion on the possible upcoming trades?

When do our current GPT deals run out? I would like to have a replacement ready at that time. We could possibly trade Steam to the Aztecs since they have no coal.

My personal preference is to trade Steam while it is still a monopoly for the largest possible profit. Ideally this would be as soon as a second civ looks like it is about to get it, but in practice it might need to be earlier.

I'm fine with gifting PP to Rome.

My preference would be to wait until most of our current GPT deals run out (1 turn or more) and then trade Steam to any who can pay for it. One great thing about trading to Cathy is that we could then trade Coal as well (assuming that we hook up the extra coal near Yatta).

I'd wait on getting nationalism until a few more countries have it.

I would go for it, since Nationlism is a great tech.

Stuck_As_a_Mac said:
Cathy actuallyl has decent terms for Nationalism- all it would take is Steam and Spices (i think its spices)

That isn't worth it. Steam Power is worth more than Nationalism IMHO.

We need nationalism for the diplomacy race, and to read others MPPs.
Plus we need to trade it before the other ones got it.

This picture should tell all. (Especially since I'm the one that actually executes these commands...)

In addition, For Steam 2nd, Mao will give us WM, Ivory, 26 GPT, and 57 Gold. France offers us WM, 67 GPT, and 108 Gold. This is all each nation has at this time.

China should get 13 more GPT next Turn due to a trade deal expiring. France should also have 52 more GPT next turn due to an expiring trade. 5 turns from now, they get 132 more GPT.

As for Printing Press, The Aztecs also do not ahve it, so we should probably gift it to them as well. Hopefully, that'll help to establish a positive contact with them.

Here is what I would offer as a Poll:
Trading Steam:
Option 1: Trade NOW with Russia for what they offer now, and then sell off Steam to China and France for what they would give, DP has discression on order between these 2 trades are on same turn.
Option 2: Wait 1 Turn THEN trade with Russia, hopefully getting a close deal; then sell off Steam to China and France for what they would give, DP has discression on order between these 2 trades are on same turn.
Option 3: Wait until 2nd French GPT Deal expires, then stop chat for Reevaluation. (Should take 5 turns or so.)
Option 4: DO NOT TRADE STEAM (until the next TC)
Option 5: Other (please Specify)
Option 6: Abstain.

In adition, a Separate Multi-option Poll would be conducted regarding Gifts and other Trades. Here is what I have thus Far:
Rome: Gift Printing Press
Aztecs: Gift Printing Press
Amreica: Trade Magnetism for Dyes & WM.
Do not make any other trades
Abstain.

Do we really have a need RIGHT NOW for Nationalism? I don't think so. There is no civ that presents a viable threat to us now, or in the near future. We have no need of alliances with other civs right now.

Things do change, and there might come a need for Nationalism in the future.

So, if we trade Steam at all, I would like to see it traded for pure cash - so we wait until the current deals expire so we can maximize our return. We use that cash to give our infrastructure a tremendous boost through rushes and the maintenance of a high science ratio. We continually monitor the cost of Nationalism, and should it get low, we snap it up.

In the event of a war involving us, or one that starts to involve more than 3 nations, we immediately acquire Nationalism from a friendly country and run with it.

We don't need it now, we don't need it in the near future. What we need is the rapid improvement of our infrastructure, boosting our production beyond the ability of other nations to match. Trading Steam for pure gpt will do that.

-- Ravensfire

I like option #4. I don't see an urgency to get Nationalism.

Top Bottom