Trade needs to scale to Civ or map size.

MadMage86

Warlord
The caravan system is interesting, but it's clearly broken right now in anything over a standard sized map. this needs to be fixed. A single trade route per specific techs isn't going to work - you need to be able to scale the number/range of trade routes with the size of your empire.

This really needs to be re-worked soon, it's such a glaring problem that I'm amazed it made it into the release this way.

it's clearly broken right now in anything over a standard sized map.

Played only on large maps till now, and see nothing broken with it :p

Still, I understand your point, in huge maps, and maps with 22 civs the system is more painful and it should bring more/longer routes, yeah...

I would echo Leugi in saying that I don't see trade as broken depending on map-size, but I will say the following:

Duel and Tiny maps can be quite strange. While, on paper, you can almost make trade-routes to everyone, the reality is that if you go to war with just one AI, that may make a majority of the map off-limits for trade, depending how many cities that AI has and how many CS allies. Recently tried a Tiny/Pangaea and found myself sitting pretty with trade, then suddenly a DoW from Spain, and I lost 3/4 of my trade-routes. Spain was allies with a large enough number of CSes, and owned some of the cities neighboring me, and I ended up just not having trade-routes. So, sometimes the smaller maps are actually even more problematic than larger maps.

On the other hand, I do agree that Huge and Large maps should have some type of scaling. Again, I wouldn't say broken, especially because certain wonders and UAs can increase your possible trade-routes, but I do feel that trade-routes should scale to map size, even if just by a bit.

Harun Al-Rashid is most displeased with this World Council resolution.
You have proposed something they don't like to the World Congress

I think it's designed to be this way. Certain civs have it easier on larger or smaller maps, respectively.

Top Bottom