Trade route and Management

ezbutton

Warlord
I was wondering if there's an easier way set up trade routes aside from the continuous clicking its just really annoying to manage when you have 10+ cities and a minimum of 20 and max of 30 different trade routes going on. Can trade routes be established through the trade route overview?

To add for trade route. Is there a way to know how many trade routes are available for a city, without waiting end of one and have access to relocate option, where you can see free slots ?

To add for trade route. Is there a way to know how many trade routes are available for a city, without waiting end of one and have access to relocate option, where you can see free slots ?

In the city screen, top middle, there are two numbers, used / available trade routes.

Trade route management is begging for a good automation mod. People are making mods to change or reduce trade routes, but what we really need is a mod that:

* allows you to set priorities for what kind of routes you want (e.g. set a relative value weight to each of production, science, energy, and food)
* automatically evaluates each trade route and scores it by summing the weighted values
* chooses the highest priority route for a city as the largest weighted sum

At a minimum, the automation process could have an on/off toggle so that you can take manual control. A settings screen is needed to update priorities. It would be really great to have a trade routes screen showing all routes that would allow manual control of routes and individual priorities for cities.

Good points - This is a major time waster, I totally agree this needs to be fixed...
Option to Stop a trade route "midstream" - to redirect to your wonder building city would be nice too...

Thank god i'm not the only one who feels this way. Trade literally sinks 1/3-1/4 of my time in my games which is ridiculous.

I'd be pretty happy if they simply made sure the previous route was always at the top of the list and the "previous" text stood out more.

Trade route management is begging for a good automation mod. People are making mods to change or reduce trade routes, but what we really need is a mod that:

* allows you to set priorities for what kind of routes you want (e.g. set a relative value weight to each of production, science, energy, and food)
* automatically evaluates each trade route and scores it by summing the weighted values
* chooses the highest priority route for a city as the largest weighted sum

At a minimum, the automation process could have an on/off toggle so that you can take manual control of. A settings screen is needed to update priorities. It would be really great to have a trade routes screen showing all routes that would allow manual control of routes and individual priorities for cities.

Or maybe just incorporate trade routes in to a menu system, similar to the covert operative screen. Even if they want to retain the 'fixed contract' feel to trade they could at least make it more intuitive/less clicky - an actual automation system which picks the best route takes away strategic decision, but I undestand that it would be better than the current system.

Im sure they could do something along a better way to sort all of it as well if they wanted to keep a unit oreintated system - a second suggestion would be (in a trade menu) allow a 'permenant' tickbox on a trade route overview view. And unticking it would have it return to the regular cycle (would pop up to refresh after a few turns or so)

Thank god i'm not the only one who feels this way. Trade literally sinks 1/3-1/4 of my time in my games which is ridiculous.

At least civ is not like dota or lol where you spend most of your time trying to find a game where your teammates aren't trying to intentionally lose things for your team.

Maximum one outgoing trade route per city. Capital has more. And even then it is still stupidly good.

Top Bottom