Trade route values: +0.01?

stupidnewbie

Warlord
The tooltips all say that trade routes will give dollars based on the population size of your capitol and the city being connected. However, it seems to calculate the value like this:

Population of the connected city multiplied by 1.25, plus zero point zero one.

Note that the population of the capitol city is not mentioned. 0.01 gold seems like an odd value to have in there, since it would take a hundred trade routes just to get one gold out of it. If that's a bug, that would certainly explain why my economy is typically such a mess if I don't spam for gold, and why I can't seem to trade any resources, since the AI economies are messes too.

That is indeed odd. I can't say that I'm having economic problems, or that the AI seems to have them in my games (other than when they go to war...) but the equation (X*1.25)+0.01 doesn't make much sense. Very arbitrary.

Well it's not like I have no money at all, but my 10-15 gold income before trade seems a little small next to my 600 research per turn, and the first thing I do in all my cities is to build all the gold buildings.

Top Bottom