Trading made impossible

Purumal

Chieftain
I have experienced that I can not trade any more. This includes making peace and any other transaction. Every time I open the trading window I only see the image in this post. I do not use any mods that affects trade and have tried disabling them all, but without fixing the problem. I have also done an integrity check on my local files without finding an issue. I'm playing on the full version of Civ6 with all the official DLCs. Does anyone know a fix?

Best regards
Purumal
upload_2021-2-4_11-52-1.png

Maybe I should add none of the buttons do anything either. I have tried clicking them all. The only thing I can do to get out of the trade is by pressing the escape key.

I am not seeing this issue, but I am struggling with trade as the 'make this more equitable' option simply no longer works and you have to try & guess what will be acceptable using trial & error with no assistance whatsoever, as one item or one gold per turn too many gets you a 'I am not prepared to do this' response & you have to start over.
It's very, very broken.

I am not seeing this issue, but I am struggling with trade as the 'make this more equitable' option simply no longer works and you have to try & guess what will be acceptable using trial & error with no assistance whatsoever, as one item or one gold per turn too many gets you a 'I am not prepared to do this' response & you have to start over.
It's very, very broken.

Yes, bumping this as I have seen few others naming this bug. I hope it's fixed with the Feb. update.

Yes, others (including me) have reported this. Apparently there was a change with the "equitable" button that "fixed" the problem where the AI would give you all their cities for peace, but "regressed" in other respects.

Anyways, in the meantime, you don't have to start all over with trading. One approach:
1) start by asking for 10 gpt (single click)
2) if they find that acceptable, add another 10 gpt (single click)
3) when they do not, use a binary search to narrow it between two gpt amounts, e.g. try 5, then 2 or 7, then by 1 gpt
that is, use the arrow buttons on the amounts to go up or down a little
4) with the maximum acceptable gpt amount, then click on gold (which starts at 100) then reduce to 10
5) use a binary search after that, for either 0-10 gold or 10-22 gold. 1 gpt is generally worth about 22 gold.

This assumes you want gpt + gold (which maximizes the amount, but takes 30 turns to get there).
If instead you just want to maximize gold, start with 100 gold, double until unacceptable, then use a binary search, typing in the next amount.

With experience, you can make educated guesses to get the maximum acceptable amount with fewer tries.

Another approach is to try to sell them diplomatic favor to figure out what their price is. See what they'll pay for 1 diplomatic favor. Then put what you want on their side, start with 1 diplomatic favor on your side, and click on diplomatic favor in your area to increase it by one, until they find it acceptable. Then multiply by what 1 diplomatic favor was worth to them, to get an estimated cost in gold for what you want. Divide by 22 to get an estimated gpt.

This approach doesn't work as well for selling stuff, because you cannot buy more than 20 diplomatic favor from an AI per turn.

This approach also works with strategics, except that they won't buy to have more than 40, won't sell unless they have at least 40, and won't sell to have less than 10.

It's very, very broken.

This approach also works with strategics, except that they won't buy to have more than 40, won't sell unless they have at least 40, and won't sell to have less than 10.

40 is (only) the limit for Iron/Horses/Niter, for Coal/Oil/Aluminium it is 22 and for Uranium 62. The latter also still suffers the problem that you have to sell in smaller tranches ( [NFP] - [IMPROVEDw1.0.8.4] [1.0.5.11] AI buys Uranium only in tranches, but for an excessive price | CivFanatics Forums )

It is also worth to note that currently you get the best price, if the AI has 0 units of a strategic ressource in the moment you do the trade (
[NFP] - [1.0.9.9] AI pricing of strategic ressources: Initial storage 0 = double price, 1< = normal price | CivFanatics Forums )

I have experienced that I can not trade any more. This includes making peace and any other transaction. Every time I open the trading window I only see the image in this post. I do not use any mods that affects trade and have tried disabling them all, but without fixing the problem. I have also done an integrity check on my local files without finding an issue. I'm playing on the full version of Civ6 with all the official DLCs. Does anyone know a fix?

Best regards
Purumal
View attachment 584619
Any mods used?

Having this issue in PS4 too (so no mods). All was fine in standard game, but did my first R&F game and no one ever responds to anything (luxuries, strategics) to the "what will you give me", a real handy way to start a trade. But yeah if you spend a lot of time playing with numbers you can get the usual deals at ten times the time investment. Ugh.
AI will also reject proposals, like open borders for us both, then I hit "make this deal more equitable"- nothing changes in the deal but they then happily accept. It's just broken.

Top Bottom