Trading (question)

cometflash

Prince
Is it a way to have a non trade game? I don't really mind gold or maps, my go would be to take tech trading out of the game.

So far as I know, the only way would be to create a scenario, allow custom rules, go into Civilization Advances and check 'Cannot be Traded' for every single tech.

I can't think of a way to disallow any other trading...though I'm not entirely sure why you'd want to do this at all, I suppose...

Well that would make each civilization research all techs by thenself, and would make the game faster to play, as I wouldn't have to worried about having to trade techs, and keep checking if a new tech is available to trade with the AI.

The AI as soon as they research a tech they trade with each other, and by the time they decide to trade with you, there is not much to offer to the AI in a trade anymore.

Trade can be a good thing for a player, (researching a tech first, trading to everyone for as much as you can take from then) but is just to much time consuming.

So according to what you say, is that simple? Just check a box for every single tech, and I'm good to go?

I don't need to change anything else?

I got another question, you would probable know only if you try this though.

Would the Great Library be effected if I do this?

I guess if not, then that would be a great wonder to have.

I've made it impossible to trade techs in my own mod as well for the same reasons you mentioned. The Great Library still works normally though.

I find out I don't have that option on the editor.:(

It might be only available for conquest, and I haven't got a chance to get it yet, I still only got the gold edition.:mischief:

I remember that I had made one scenario with every unit as a hide nation (Pirate scenario), on that, you could not meet any civ, which means no trade, but of any kind:( . I guess I will have to play with that scenario until I got a hold on conquest, or complete.

Conquest would probable be better because I got gold, which has Vanilla and PTW!?:confused:

Fireaxis released Gold before (barely) Conquests. It's not like they would release a "Gold Edition" that was worse than something already out.

Fireaxis released Gold before (barely) Conquests. It's not like they would release a "Gold Edition" that was worse than something already out.

Is it any difference between conquest plain, and the conquest on the Complete?

Or is complete just a pack with Vanilla/PTW?Conquest?

Because is not much difference in the price.:crazyeye:

Conquests has ptw too. While Complete has all three, there's practically no difference in price cause you can get vanilla for a buck or two.

So there is no difference between the conquest plain, and the conquest on complete, right?

Gold (which I have) has Vanilla and PTW, so I don't see the need to get Complete.

Complete is completely patched while for conquests you'll just have to download the patch.

Top Bottom