Trading

skip123

Chieftain
Hello All,

This is my first post and will show my terrible ignorance. In spite of playing Civ from almost day 1 - it was the reason I bought a PC in the first place and remember setting it up and playing it with my coat still on.

In Civ 6 I cannot figure out how to trade items that do not show up in the first four on the deal tab. Please, someone, tell me how i get to trade the multiple other resources I am currently having stacked up in my warehouses, somewhere.

Hello All,

This is my first post and will show my terrible ignorance. In spite of playing Civ from almost day 1 - it was the reason I bought a PC in the first place and remember setting it up and playing it with my coat still on.

In Civ 6 I cannot figure out how to trade items that do not show up in the first four on the deal tab. Please, someone, tell me how i get to trade the multiple other resources I am currently having stacked up in my warehouses, somewhere.
Welcome! Please do not feel ignorant, we all have to learn.
I am not near my PC to give you a screenshot but on the trade screen you should be able to scroll down, you may be on the trade summary window and can close that to go back to the main trade screen. What is it you are wanting to Trade?

Many Many thanks for for replying... but 'scrolling down on a trade screen' I cannot figure.

Also, is there a way I can see a summary of military units? I have an army but no knowledge of what it consists of and where they are located. There was a time you had a military adviser who gave this information.

I find Civ 6, although brilliant, is not overall easy to strategise.

The scroll bars are not easy to see, I have a middle mouse so do not think about it much

upload_2017-10-28_21-4-6.png

This is the easiest way to see the units
upload_2017-10-28_21-6-30.png

At the bottom of the yields report you can see this that also gives a summary
upload_2017-10-28_21-7-37.png

@skip123 You ain't the only newbie around here. I'm a relative novice myself and have tons of questions too! Just keep following the forum and you will learn things you didn't even realize you had a question for.

Such as the quick way of listing all your units! I never knew that!

Once again, thanks to @Victoria.

BTW, Victoria is helpful and knowledgeable enough to deserve a paid position with Civfanatics, along with several others around here.

Sorry, the scrolling seemsnot to work. See below all the luxuries I have but can only access four to trade. So frustrating and impacts the game so much.

luxuries.png

Is the scroll bar in your trade screen highlighted as though there *should* be more? Or does it not indicate more there?

It seems that you should be able to see all of your tradable lux without even scrolling.

Does your ability to trade resources depend on the number of traders you have? Previously, I believe, that didn't matter.

Does your ability to trade resources depend on the number of traders you have? Previously, I believe, that didn't matter.
No. Traders and Trade Routes don't impact your ability to make a deal and sell off your extra resources.

Sorry, the scrolling seemsnot to work. See below all the luxuries I have but can only access four to trade. So frustrating and impacts the game so much.

That looks like the Report screen, not the Trade screen. If you click on one of the other leaders' icons in the upper right part of your screen, and make a deal with one of them, you will see the screen that Victoria posted - that will show you what you can actually trade.

I have noticed, that if you are getting a resource that is only from a City State, it won't show up as something you can Trade.
Also, you can only trade Luxury Resources (Gems, etc.) and Strategic Resources(Iron, etc.). You can't trade away Bonus Resources(Sheep, etc.).

The scroll bars are not easy to see, I have a middle mouse so do not think about it much

View attachment 479762

This is the easiest way to see the units
View attachment 479763

At the bottom of the yields report you can see this that also gives a summary
View attachment 479764

LOL, good thing I checked out this thread-as I learned something too. 1 year of playing this game & I am only now just learning how to find a list of your military units. Boy, is my face red ;).

LOL, good thing I checked out this thread-as I learned something too. 1 year of playing this game & I am only now just learning how to find a list of your military units. Boy, is my face red ;).

Right? Thats how I felt!

Now I find myself clicking and scrolling on every little thing to see what it might do. Problem is, I will likely forget in five minutes.

The list of luxuries you have will often be larger than what you can trade. You can only trade what you truly own, not luxuries from deals or city states
Hi,
okay this makes sense to me. I think most of my luxuries come from deals...

Top Bottom