Trait PrereqTech not working?

Gushis

Chieftain
Basically, in the trait I have a <FreeBuilding>BUILDING_DUMMY</FreeBuilding> which gives a dummy building which lets you choose a great person (the max player instance is 1). The building is given just fine without PrereqTech, but as as I do <PrereqTech>TECH_CIVIL_SERVICE</PrereqTech> the building isn't given even when I research civil service.

If you are doing the PrereqTech directly as part of the <Trait> try doing it instead as part of the definition of the dummy building under table <Buildings>.

The game's code may not actually be "hooked-up" to implement properly for a <FreeBuilding> based on a <PrereqTech> value in table <Traits>, since Firaxis never used PrereqTech in table Traits in this way.

If defining the PrereqTech as part of the definition of the building does not work, it will be necessary to create the effect of adding the building via an lua script, I think.

If you are doing the PrereqTech directly as part of the <Trait> try doing it instead as part of the definition of the dummy building under table <Buildings>.

The game's code may not actually be "hooked-up" to implement properly for a <FreeBuilding> based on a <PrereqTech> value in table <Traits>, since Firaxis never used PrereqTech in table Traits in this way.

If defining the PrereqTech as part of the definition of the building does not work, it will be necessary to create the effect of adding the building via an lua script, I think.
I tried using PrereqTech in the building before but I don't think FreeBuilding checks for that (just like Carthage gets free harbor despite not having the tech). I try to avoid lua since I play my mods multiplayer with my friends and as far as I know only xml is simple to implement.

Top Bottom