Troops overseas before Astronomy

stachnie

Theorist
In previous versions of C2C it was quite easy: get a unit that could go overseas and did not transport special units (Catamaran, Carrack), promote it to Transport I or II, load troops and go. Now I play v. 34, got Carracks and I don't know how to promote them to make them transport troops. Maybe Carracks are not necessary and it is possible with Caravels? If so, Carracks would be quite useless.

S.

There is a different promotion for ships that were not transport ships to begin with. I'll see if I can find it.

edit It is the Troop Transport promotions.

Yes, I have figured it out: there are two new promotions, Transport People (for special units) and Troop Transport. The problem is that scouting ships (like Caravels, Carracks and Catamarans) cannot get Troop Transport (or maybe it requires some promotion that I am not aware of), so I think the first possibility to transport troops through Ocean are Fluyts (sp?), IIRC one tech before Astronomy.

Catamarans are useful anyway (possibility to contact whole world in the Ancient era) but now Carracks are worse than Caravels (apart from greater MP), because the unpromoted ones cannot transport anything. I would suggest to either unlock Troop Transport promotion for them or just add appriopriate flag (e.g. the unpromoted ones could carry 1 unit).

S.

Top Bottom