Truncated lists in Tech Screen

Coilean

Warlord
No idea if this is fixable, but only being able to show 5 icons for each technology in the Tech Screen often truncates ability icons displayed for the various techs (using EUI + all CP mods). In particular, I noticed this for Trade Routes, as that appears to be the last icon displayed by default for a tech, which can make it very difficult to know which techs actually give you more trade routes if you don't already know.

So far, I know Currency and Railroad give additional Trade Routes that are not displayed as icons, not sure how many other techs will give me Trade Routes as I haven't spent the time hovering over every tech to find out.

It will require a total rewriting of the tech tree interface, so won't happen.

No idea if this is fixable, but only being able to show 5 icons for each technology in the Tech Screen often truncates ability icons displayed for the various techs (using EUI + all CP mods). In particular, I noticed this for Trade Routes, as that appears to be the last icon displayed by default for a tech, which can make it very difficult to know which techs actually give you more trade routes if you don't already know.

So far, I know Currency and Railroad give additional Trade Routes that are not displayed as icons, not sure how many other techs will give me Trade Routes as I haven't spent the time hovering over every tech to find out.

Clicking on the tech gives you the rundown of what it offers. In time, you'll learn where they are anyways.

G

If the civ specific UI improvements (which are not your civ) were removed from the Tech Screen icons (or just sent to the back of the icon list by default), that would at least help a little bit towards making the most desired information more visible. Possibly some other priority changes in the icon display order would be helpful as well, although I cannot think of more off the top of my head. But again, I have no idea if this is practical either.

If the civ specific UI improvements (which are not your civ) were removed from the Tech Screen icons (or just sent to the back of the icon list by default), that would at least help a little bit towards making the most desired information more visible. Possibly some other priority changes in the icon display order would be helpful as well, although I cannot think of more off the top of my head. But again, I have no idea if this is practical either.

Problem with this is that UI-bonuses for other civs are still relevant for you because you can conquer them.

It is possible, yes, to resize the tech boxes. However all aspects of the tech screen lua would have to be resized, which would be an utter nightmare.

G

I rather considered this whole thing to be a non-issue due to:

Clicking on the tech gives you the rundown of what it offers. In time, you'll learn where they are anyways.

G

I didn't think the tech screen was supposed to be comprehensive in the information it displays.

The list of effects in combat is often truncated as well if there are enough bonuses. Any way to fix that one?

The only thing that bothers me is the Corporations tech. There's way too many icons for so little space.

I would suggest rather that we have only three icons saying that Incs, Offices and... whatever the other thing was are available, respectively. I can make the icons if necessary.

The list of effects in combat is often truncated as well if there are enough bonuses. Any way to fix that one?

No. Size of box is hardcoded based on minimum resolution limitations.

The only thing that bothers me is the Corporations tech. There's way too many icons for so little space.

Can't control how buildings display in tech tree without special rules. I can work on this, but please make a post on github with feature requests like these. It is nigh impossible for me track down all requests when I have time to do mod work.

G

Top Bottom