Trying to edit scrollspeed but no luck - any idéas?

I think the Blue Marble mod may enable a font change. This is a very commonly used mod by many here that enhances terrain/water graphics, but also has a separate step to change UI color and fonts. I've not actually used the font feature myself, but it may be worth checking it out. I highly recommend the mod, and BUG/BULL as well.

BM

Note: When you run the installer, you will see a small BM install window with 2 tabs. First one installs the graphic enhancements - there a few options there. The second tab enables font changes and UI color change.

BM installs over the game, adding to both Custom Assets and modifying a few regular files. The mod does not require loading and does not conflict with most other mods that I've ever encountered (a lot of other mods incorporate the graphic stuff anyway in some form or fashion). The changes will just be present. Deleting Custom Assets folder will remove the graphics.

Last edited:
I tried BAT, that includes BM, but in none of the 13 settings-tabs in the game I find anything about fonts, and city names are still as hard to read as before.
(Manual zip-install since exe can't find GOG version)

I would really need both faster mouse scrolling, and larger city names, to play this comfortably.
It seems both of those are more or less impossible to fix.
So I just applied for a refund - the sooner the better if I'm going to have any luck with that!
I have 60 games on GOG and never asked for refund before, so it might just be that I'm lucky with that!

Thanks for all the help anyway, and maybe some modder gets some ideas for new projects trying to improve any of these things in the future.
I'm going back to waiting for Old World, or a modernized (that also gets a GOG release) Civ IV with all the modern features we expect of games today ;)

Would've expected Nightinggale to mention that since it's something he figured out how to do, but, then, I'm not sure if that actually makes the fonts easier to read. Sure doesn't look nice.
Do you expect me to remember every single detail offhand? People really have high expectations of me :run:
At the time I was trying to think of an issue, which would cause both problems and resolution was the only thing, which came to my mind. Sure they could be unrelated problems, but most likely if one person has multiple problems then they are caused by the same underlying problem. At least that would be a valid place to start.

I tried BAT, that includes BM, but in none of the 13 settings-tabs in the game I find anything about fonts, and city names are still as hard to read as before.
(Manual zip-install since exe can't find GOG version)
BAT is great. I use it regularly. However, you can still install BM and use the font feature. You can point the installer to the appropriate folder and the civ4.exe. It will work.

Sorry to necro this thread, but we really can't leave it at this ... :hammer2:

CAMERA_MAX_SCROLL_SPEED
in Beyond the Sword\Assets\XML\GlobalDefines.xml

does just what the OP was looking for.

Top Bottom