Trying to upload a map.

QuietGamer

Chieftain
Hello, all. I've been playing Civ2 for years, and come here sometimes to look for maps. I really like playing on real maps, I'm never happy with the game generated ones. There are some really nice maps here, but I wanted more. So I bit the bullet and finally got around to making a map myself. I'm happy with it and created an account here to share it, to start paying back. But I couldn't upload it.

My resource is there and the two jpegs of the map are up, but it won't take the .mp file because it doesn't like the extension. I zipped it, and it still doesn't like the extension. Can anyone point me to what I might be doing wrong?

It's probably because you have so few posts/days as a member. A mod will probably be along shortly to help you

Thank you for your work to contribute to our community.

To protect the site, we use a requirement of having 5-posts and 5-days as a forum member. Posting with less than that requires staff to approve attachments and links within your posts. I have not seen a post made by you in our queue for approval?

Did you try to upload it as an attachment to a post or as a resource? In what part of the forum?

The file types you may use include:
Spoiler :
7z
ace
bmp
civ4replay
civ4savedgame
civ4worldbuildersave
civ5map
civ5mod
civ5replay
civ5save
Civ6save
Civ6Map
civbemod
civbesave
civbeyondswordreplay
civbeyondswordsave
civbeyondswordwbsave
civwarlordssave
civwarlordswbsave
colonizationsave
ctr
doc
docx
dpy
gif
gz
ico
jpe
jpeg
jpg
map
mdmp
net
pcx
pdf
png
psd
rar
sav
sve
tar
txt
xls
xlsx
xml
zip

What size is your file? There is a 30 MB limit for file size.

Thank you for your work to contribute to our community.

To protect the site, we use a requirement of having 5-posts and 5-days as a forum member. Posting with less than that requires staff to approve attachments and links within your posts. I have not seen a post made by you in our queue for approval?

Did you try to upload it as an attachment to a post or as a resource? In what part of the forum?

What size is your file? There is a 30 MB limit for file size.
Well that's cool, I thought I was missing something.

The .mp file is 22.6k, and the zip file is 1302k. If it's just going to sort itself out, it's just going to sort itself out. There's no rush, I've been playing Civ2 for a long time and I just made my first map on Sunday. I figured out a way and refined it a few times because I screwed it up and lost a lot of work, but I've got a few other areas that I want to make maps of already, and if I come up with a better way to do it, I can make bigger ones.

Okay, I'm happy to report that I'm apparently an idiot. I was trying to edit the resource by adding a zip file, and it wasn't working. I uploaded the zip as a new resource, and it's up: Portsmouth, New Hampshire.

Attachments

• PORTSMOUTH.jpg
    PORTSMOUTH.jpg
    502 KB · Views: 16
Top Bottom