TSFE test PBEM game!?!

Tracid00

Strategy planer
OK guys!
I first want to thank marco for his exceptional work on this scenario, and that he is putting a lot of effort into making it even better.
After my recent (unsecessful) attempt to play a nice PBEM, I would like to get together a team to test the multiplayer version of TSFE. I think that it would be great fun and that it would also help marco out a bit, as we could try and make the scen better together.
So, enybody interested sign up here, also post your prefered country and starting date!
The Struggle For Europe may begin!!!

Sincerly, TRACID

I wish to be the Allies and start at May 1940 :)

First question. How exactly do you play a PBEM? Is it tricky to get it to work right.

Besides that, I guess I would need the new scenario files.

Oh, and can I play as Soviets. :)

A PBEM is easy, you just play it using the Network MP setting, and send it to the person who is after you, simple :)

I would love to be able to play, Civ3 gave me the Civ bug again but the more I played Civ3, the more I missed Civ 2 =(

I played TSFE v1.0 and I loved it! Very engrossing and balanced to play on all sides. 1.5 seems to be even better somehow. I love the new Russian look. It appears you still need a protagonist....I'll offer to play as the Axis if it's ok with everyone. I'll try to keep it interesting.

So when can we get started? The Red Storm shall engulf all of Europe. :D

P.S. Kalmer, of what's left, I suggest Spain or France.

I'm adding now the new special units to the scenario. After 2 days its done and I'll upload all files neccessary to play multiplayer game here.

France, Spain, Turkey and Minor Nations are all playable. They have strong economies and decent armies plus France and Spain have their own unique units.

Here is v1.6 for Multiplayer. This is still a playtest version, but it has been tested and should be bugless.

These 3 zip files contain everything neccessary to play the scenario. You need only to download sound1 and sound2 from

Civfanatics downloads

I didn't add game.txt, describe.txt and modified .dll files as I'm still working with them. :)

Ok, it looks like I was a bit too successful. Well, no problem. Here is the list of players:

Axis: Johnny_c
Soviets: PinkyGen
Allies: SunTzu
Spanish: Kalmer

I don´t think I will be playing, I will only download all the saves, post a neutral "War bulletin" and we will see what we can do to make the scenario even better!!!
Starting date is May 1940.

Thanks for your support, guys!

Sincerly, Tracid

I'm trying to get more people from apolyton.
I believe i have Morten to play as the Minor Nations, he's gonna post here later on today......

It is fantastic if you write a "War Bulletin", Tracid00!

Here is the list of countries in moving order:

Axis
Turkey
Minor Nations
Spain
Allies
Soviets
France

Before playing the first turn, everybody has to run MULTI.BAT and chose Start New Scenario.

I think you might have to repost multi 3. It shared a lot of graphic files that already came with multi 2. I think I am at least missing some unit files, and perhaps some other things.

P.S. I assume I can reuse the sounds from my already existing TSFE, as I am not at home and not that eager to re-download those sound files.

I redid unzipping multi 3, and still got the same result of replacing files.

I trashed it, and re-downloaded, the new version worked fine. The forum was acting a little screwy when I downloaded it the first time (got mysql error messages), so maybe it directed me to the wrong file, or something like that.

Got the new version, set it up for may 1940. Now I guess I wait, and prepare :)

Top Bottom