1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

TSG180 AAR

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Game Of The Month' started by Knowtalent, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Nizef

Nizef Chieftain

I agree on both accounts. And clearly I messed it up. I settled six cities myself and also annexed Venice. And yes I got Hubble, even if Rome had the tech before me. When I reached Plastics, I still needed 25 more techs to finish. However there were other extraordinary circumstances. The only way to get coal was to buy it, but it was so late that I researched plastics before I got my factories. My own border growth didn´t prioritise the coal tile until about t300. Rome had all the money (at one point over 80.000) and all the city states and 53 cities. I was number 2 in production, but my output was only 18,2% of Rome´s output. That is how I finally got scared and settled cities five and six (for the oil and the aluminium). The only nearby oil was the sea tile NW of Venice, and clearly I should have built more culture buildings there. But I was not sure that four oil would have been enough to defend myself. The aluminium tile was a similar story. I should have built at least one of the guilds in Kar-Tukulti-Ninurta to ensure timely border expansion (but there was no way of knowing it at the time). I tried to compensate by building Neuschwanstein there, but it was probably too late. If I had had Freedom (or Order) I am sure that I could have won this, but the ideology pressure was too massive.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019