• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

TSG46 Game In Progress

Founded 3 cities -- settled Carthage in place, and two others in desert tiles to West (near Warsaw--settled on the sugar) and Southwest (near Brussels, settled on riverside hill, between the two sugars). Full Tradition opening, and about to open Honor.

Took Constantinople on about turn 80 (forgot to note the precise turn number) and Berlin on turn 106--initially took and razed one secondary city apiece (they were on my path to their capitals), but left both civs with a secondary city (not worried about the diplo penalty for elimination, just didn't want to burn the turns to take those cities and then raze them). For that campaign I used a bunch of CBs, one warrior and one spearman (a catapult did arrive in Berlin just in time to deliver one shot on the city before it fell).

Dragged that army back to my cities (I've got to build more roads, or this is going to take forever), built another catapult, a couple more CBs and spearmen, and upgraded two warriors to swordsmen with iron from my new ally, Tyre. I'm one turn away from Machinery and a mass upgrade to Crossbows before I march on the Mayans, Dutch and everyone else.

Got desert folklore as pantheon. Founded first, took tithe and shrine happy, used a missionary to convert my two secondary cities, and then enhanced with religious texts and shrine/temple food (the remaining follower beliefs were kind of crappy), but I don't think this game's gonna last long enough for religion to move the needle.

I've focused on the bottom of the tech tree, messed around getting to Philosophy and the NC, and still don't have Civil Service (and I do want to upgrade my spearmen to pikes), but I'm still competitive tech-wise near as I can tell (mostly based on what wonders are going -- Pacal just finished Notre Dame for me, thank you very much! I expect I will need the happiness).

I didn't research sailing and optics until around turn 100, so I'm going to start building melee ships and, once I get Compass, galleasses to help take some coastal capitals (near as I can tell, most of the capitals are on the coast, but some look easier to take by land given how this continent is laid out -- but this is a long, snaky continent, so some naval support will likely be necessary).

I am on Turn 106,

Conquered the Byzantine empire, but didn't touch the Germans. The thing is that i was stubborn enough to try to use the uu. I did bulb with the GL Horseback Riding, and spammed elephants. I attacked with only 2 CBs and 5-6 Elephants around turn 90. I think they come too late and have a huge penalty vs cities ... but had to try it. I don't think is nearly as competitive as what everybody else did...

Is there any way to use elephants fast enough to compete with CBs rushes time wise and efficiency wise???

I'm kind of sad it worked this way...

No, CBs are always more efficient. Even Chariot Archers are better at attacking cities.

A single Elephant is a nice addition to your attack force because of its speed. It can mop up stray enemy units. But I wouldn't use more because of that penalty.

What you can do, though, is build a bunch of them just before Chivalry comes in and then promote them to Knights.

No, CBs are always more efficient. Even Chariot Archers are better at attacking cities.

A single Elephant is a nice addition to your attack force because of its speed. It can mop up stray enemy units. But I wouldn't use more because of that penalty.

What you can do, though, is build a bunch of them just before Chivalry comes in and then promote them to Knights.

Thanks for your answer. I did learn my lesson.

Moved the warrior west and saw the vast inland, so hoped for a pangea. Scouted east and met augustus and napoleon around t20 and my hope grew. Met Suley at 43 and i made a little dance. The other two are probably hiding at some island in the ocean. But ha, there are william and crazy pacal.

Used GL for iron (t47) and the free settler from liberty to settle on the iron, but alas only a 2iron spot on the north. Settled finally at t55 and lost one warrior due to a barbarian plague, upgraded the other two, build two catapults and two cb for support and left west for byzantine and bismarck at t70.

Research: Mining/Writing/AH/Masonry/BW/IW(GL)/Calendar/Mathematics/Construction

Top Bottom