1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

TSG87 After Action thread

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Game Of The Month' started by leif erikson, Jun 1, 2014.

1. 4N4C0ND4

4N4C0ND4 King

T84

Spoiler :
    Game: Civ5 GOTM 87
    Date submitted: 2014-06-24 16:04:01
    Reference number: 31277
    Your name: 4N4C0ND4
    Game status: Domination Victory
    Game date: 775BC
    Turns played: 84
    Base score: 1394
    Final score: 8712
    Time played: 4:19:00
    Submitted save: Bismarck_0409 AD-1989.Civ5Save
    Renamed file: 4N4C0ND4_C508701.Civ5Save

Actually fairly easy.
    Warring from the start, other continent was too busy fighting to be any SV threat for a long time.
    The hardest part was taking hun's capital early, he had mass arties lol, as much as an human would do :D
    Took only autocraty, my biggest mistakes was having 0 happiness policies early, hurt my growth too much since there were so few lux on the starting ground.
    Finished w/o sleath.

Attached the funny parts of the game: CS were BEAST, and somehow took Egypt's cap, and almost Songhai's one too :D Don't mess with Brussels lol

Attached Files:

2. glory7

glory7 King

Game: Civ5 GOTM 87
    Date submitted: 2014-06-26 14:56:26
    Reference number: 31291
    Your name: glory7
    Game status: Domination Victory
    Game date: 2000BC
    Turns played: 50
    Base score: 889
    Final score: 8890
    Time played: 3:41:00
    Submitted save: glory7_gotm87.Civ5Save
    Renamed file: glory7_C508701.Civ5Save

Spoiler :

Went for exploration opener, +3 hammer, and autocracy up to happy barracks, and secularism, and totar war and +25% attack for 50 turns.

Was quite surprised to see that none of AIs went for freedom, and all 3 in my continent went order. I had to build some units instead of sci buildings for one city to def against mongols if needed. I finally could bribe him to attack china, but I had to pay some price.

This gotm was my first time using Xcom and now I see why this is OP. especially with siege upgrade (60XP, military academy and total war will do it). I 'detoured' for nukes but that turned out to be not needed at all.

I rush bought as many Xcoms I could. I believe that optimal play would be beeline to the Xcom tech, while bribing others into wars so that you can just place your Xcoms next to their caps. I built several battleships and missile cruisers (and built one and bought one nuke) but they were marginally effective. At least, plundering naval trade routes gave some gold.

3. IronfighterXXX

IronfighterXXX Work Hard - Play Hard

Yes, XCOMs were all you need in this GOTM.
    I made mistake and built Hubble for stealth, what was not necessary; instead I should built paratroopers to upgrade later.
    I finished in 52T, with better planning early 40 is possible (actually hambridger finish in replay in 45T).

4. Fluphen Azine

Fluphen Azine What is Fluphen Azine?

Really Cool! I have never seen a CS take an AIs Capital before, that is something I always thought could happen but never seen it till now! Kinda like Barbs taking over a city, I know we have an achievement for that but I am not sure how to obtain it. After seeing this pic we should have a CS takes over a Capital Achievement as well!

5. 4N4C0ND4

4N4C0ND4 King

Once I had barbarians "taking" a city of mine, saying it was at 0 health and their unit came in. What happened is that I lost gold, that's all.
    And I think it was my capital IIRC

6. Hyperion529

Hyperion529 Prince

i lost on the very turn (t74/399) i was going to take Rome, Gao and Ulundi all at once because Wu was able to launch all spaceship parts from her only remaining city. when i let her pay me generously for a peace treaty exactly 10 turns earlier, she had only finished 1 part and i was sure i would have won by the time she came even close to winning. should have wiped her off the map back then, this is so frustrating :mad:

well at least i finally go the achievement for Bismarck and order/domination victory when i played that one more turn...

didnt have the time to play any test games before, so i was a bit overwhelmed by the possible social policy choices at first. i finally chose 2 in exploration for the extra hammers, 3 in order for 2 bigger cities at the start and took rationalism/secularism next.
    i bribed Mongolia into war with China and Songhai into war with Egypt and focused entirely on science. when Genghis finally DoWed me around t45 i had my first xcom soldiers and stealth bombers ready, stopped his invasion and started rolling. later added a handful of missile cruisers and nukes to finish off the far away civs quickly.
    i also built a beachhead by taking over Kiev, so i could rebase my bombers onto the other continent.

although i lost in the end it was a very fun game overall. i really enjoyed the late era start and hope that there will be more GotMs like this in the future. :goodjob:

Spoiler :

7. tommynt

tommynt Emperor

rocket artilery way too powerful

tommy is dumb and really sucided his only mellee unit of naval flat 1 turn before finish.
    Good thin he is lucky and just got superop xcoms so its just been 1 wasted turn instead of 10