Turn 157 - 410 AD

This is UNACEPTABLE!

Yeah, I DEMAND a CC of Donovan Zoi for TAKING A FEW MINUTES TO TELL US DETAILS IN A TURN!!!

Oops, sorry, wrong DG. Please disregard the above statement. ;)

Originally posted by Bootstoots
Yeah, I DEMAND a CC of Donovan Zoi for TAKING A FEW MINUTES TO TELL US DETAILS IN A TURN!!!

Oops, sorry, wrong DG. Please disregard the above statement. ;)

Dont start it with the CCs here :p.

Let me make it up to you, Hygro.

First of all, the wheels are in motion for the Theology trade with CGN. We should receive it next turn. Along with the trade you see below, we have also pledged to give CGN 20 turns of a Luxury once we are connected for trade.

Here are the details:

Attachments

• 410ad-cgntheo.jpg
    410ad-cgntheo.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 110
Yeah! Go trading!

With that comes the issue of our treasury. Keep in mind that the figures below are misleading, as our reserves will be 145 less after next turn(100 for Theology trade and 45 for the Poly catch up payment). Also of note is the fact that we are making 41gpt at the moment and are paying out 48gpt(40gpt standing with Apolyton and 8gpt for Theology). This will be more than rectified when we gain our two Markets in Shen Ling and Jiang mapi, both due in 6 turns.

Once those Markets are built, I would like to raise the population of both cities to 7 and then join a worker to each. This will give us two Size 8 cities that will be large on both commerce and production. So the temporary deficit will soon give way to a bright future.

Here's our treasury info, but remember to do the math above:

Attachments

• 410ad-ourgold.jpg
    410ad-ourgold.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 101
Speaking of Shen Ling, I have put careful consideration into my choice to dip into our capital's food reserves. We are only losing 1 food/pt and have six to give plus our Granary stash. And not to worry, I can switch laborers between the Horse tile(2 food/ 4 commerce) and a Game tile(5 food/ 2 commerce) without affecting production, which is of utmost importance right now.

Also, you will notice that I have sent workers to clear some of the Forests SW of Shen Ling. Clearing this forest will allow us to bring water to Kuangbaio Haian so that it can continue as a Worker farm. Let me know if this idea is okay with everyone.

Attachments

• 410ad-shenforest.jpg
    410ad-shenforest.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 92
Also, we had some barb activity off our shores! :eek:

Attachments

• 410ad-barbgb4.jpg
    410ad-barbgb4.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 94
Oops.......and buried all the way on Page 6.

Yun Feng has risen again!

The founding of New Yun Feng(name pending) will be marked as a symbolic turning point to our status in this game. I have immediately begun work on the Forbidden Palace here, and plan to have 5-7 workers going non-stop to mine and irrigate the surrounding area so that they can join this city to a Size 6.

Preliminary estimates put NYF at about 50-60% corruption, which will yield 5-6 shields/pt at Size 6. This will get us the FP in anywhere from 34-40 turns. However, a grand future lies at the other side of this bold endeavor. I hope the people of Fanatikou approve.

Attachments

• 410ad-yunfp.jpg
    410ad-yunfp.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 100
Finally, on the international front, it looks like Webringen workers are doing their best to give themselves the upper hand in their skirmish with southern neighbors CGN.

Take note of the road extending from the north. As President GBM stated in the last thread, keep an eye on this spot. A battle for the invaluable CGN canal cities may commence at any time, if it hasn't already.

Attachments

• 410ad-gwtwarzone.jpg
    410ad-gwtwarzone.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 114
My apologies for not immediately posting the preceding info. I am a huge believer in keeping the save moving, even if I may not have the time to post my results until a few hours later. This is usually as bad as it will get.

Also, it was a bit cloudy again, so I was unable to get a birds-eye view of our entire nation(ok, I forgot..... ;) ). This too may happen from time to time, but I will try not to make it a habit.

Looks like we are getting to the game again, things look much better than a little while ago. :)

I support the forest clearing near SL.

Hmm, dont like the risk with the treasury... it could REALLY bring us down if it goes foul. We'd better be careful.

Otherwise, an approvable turn. And great pictures :D

Yes, very good pictures! :D

About the forest clearing; you have already started it, so I'm not going to tell you to stop. I have no problem with it anyhow though. :)

Everything looks good, except for one thing. Are we sure we want our Forbidden Palance in New Yun Feng? And that we want to join all the workers into the city?

I really like the idea of a Foreign Palace in New Yun Feng. It is near the area we want to settle first, so it will benefit around six nearby cities. As long as we can get the Forbidden Palace before anything catastrophic occurs we will have a very rich and productive nation ahead of us.

Also, it is more centrally located in the bottom half of our side of the continent. Later on we can move the palace north a little bit and have production centers in both the north and the south.

Yes, but it'll take ages to complete the palace unless we get a GL...

Top Bottom