Turn 170 - 540 AD

OK, since no one believes me even though I confirmed this twice ;), here is the shot that I should have taken in the first place.

As you can see, the GCA spear had nowhere to run so it took a dive.

Attachments

• ad540-spearnomore (2).jpg
    ad540-spearnomore (2).jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 86
We must send our troops oversea's WHEN Apolyton does so to. (and not before Apolyton does so)

We may return some city's we take to GWT ,but we want a devided West continent and not bring CGN to supperiority.However since we don't want to have Apolyton's flag over 2/3rds of the West continent We might side with CGN in a diplomatic offensive against Apolyton to return city's to CGN should they take to much land ,this under the pretext of restoring a balance of power and promote equality among alliance members.

We MUST NOT destroy GWT or even GCA ,we only want to restore the balance of power and maybe take some city's.Should the Apolyton/CFC alliance decimate GWT to much then it become's a joke as a threat to our alliance thus making the alliance less meaningfull ,an outside threat is the best way to keep Apolyton friendly to us.Should Apolyton conquer to much land in the West then it might be nessecary to pull our forces from the continent to backstab Apolyton at home in conjunction with an anti agressor alliance in the West ,however we should have diplomatic treaty's in place wich prevent such a scenario.
We must try to reserve most of the bloodshed and losses for apolyton and the landgrabbing for us ,wich will be near impossible to achieve.

We must attack from multiple front's ,by sea and land (if CGN still in) ,this to outstretch the army's of GWT.When Apolyton makes a succesfull landing on GWT land then a lot of GWT troops will be mobilized to that region ,if then we make a beachhead 3 to 5 turns later on the other side of the continent we might have relativly weak defenses to overcome as most GWT army's would be occupied with Poly and CGN.This might be good from our perspective as we want to expand well on the continent while we want Poly and CGN to take most of the burden and bloodshed.

We don't want a free for all ,we must push Apolyton to respect the balance of power ,we don't want them to go on a conquering spree ,and we must warn them that not respecting the balance of power will have serious consequences for Apolyton for their relations with their allies ,but before we make that warning to Apolyton we must convince CGN to back us up on that warning.

I agree with quite a bit of what you said TDOF. I especially like the idea of landing on the other side of the continent and letting Apolyton take the brunt of GWT's wrath. Although it'll be a sad day if we need to backstab our ally in order to maintain the balance of power.

Top Bottom