Turn 175 - 590 AD

Donovan Zoi

The Return
Apolyton Hints At Upcoming War With GWT

In an informal chat with Consul Trip of Apolyton, he told me that it would be possible for our allies to launch an assault on GWT's western front in as early as 15 turns. Their specific goal would be the city of Ruhrport, which they have determined is the FP site of Webringen, with the idea being to cripple the west through corruption by razing the city.

The thing is, Trip claims that Poly needs more gold to furnish both the necessary upgrades, as well as to boost research for Navigation. The number thrown about was 800 over the next 10 turns(or80 gpt). I told them I would strongly consider the idea, but would like to have real time tech parity for our compliance(ie we get the tech when they discover it). He will be talking it over with the Apolytonian people, and I would like us to do the same here.

As a show of good faith, I have sent them 60 gold for the next turn, and would like us to give the full 80 over the next 10 turns. In the meantime, we can continue our domestic and military build-up for our eventual invitation to the war in the West.

Alas, this chat was held on Java PCMW so I don't have a copy. Please let me know what you think, and feel free to ask any questions.

Attachments

• ad590-60gpoly (2).jpg
    ad590-60gpoly (2).jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 107
Incidentally, I got a chance to send our Horseman through the ruins of Equilibrium to see what Apolyton has in that fort. It amounts to about 7 units. I will ask them why they feel that is necessay next time I speak with them.

Attachments

• ad590-polyfort (2).jpg
    ad590-polyfort (2).jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 112
Santopia Rises Again!

There's a new GCA city on a former plot of the CGN Empire. Santopia has risen again, and only 3 turns before we are to found our own city over the ruins of their original namesake. ;)

Attachments

• ad590-santopia (2).jpg
    ad590-santopia (2).jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 113
An something else of interest. GWT is looking to enhance their military ability by building Leo's Workshop. This just popped up this turn.

Attachments

• ad590-gwtleo (2).jpg
    ad590-gwtleo (2).jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 111
On the homefront, we have a Settler on the way to a Galley in Kuangbaiao Haian. From there, this unit will travel to the far side of the island and settle the last of the three projected cities there.

The timing is nearly perfect, as the Harbor in (Gingerbread) Chengshi completes next turn.

Attachments

• ad590-shensettler (2).jpg
    ad590-shensettler (2).jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 109
And speaking of Harbors, I went ahead and rushed the one in Jingyu Jianduan for 68g. This city will be a great commerce producer, as it is in close proximity to Shen Ling.

Attachments

• ad590-harbor (2).jpg
    ad590-harbor (2).jpg
    19 KB · Views: 107
I guess GWT has got a leader for hurrying Leo's. :undecide: Not sure, but I would guess so...

How much are we making gpt? can we afford to give Poly 80?

Santopia... what should we name those cities in former Catcherian areas? We need discussion, although I would suggest something related with ducks, perhaps Duck of Beijing in Chinese? :D

I would say we give Poly what they ask for. IIRC, we can afford it.

Not so sure, DZ said it popped there this turn, which means they could have transported the leader to a good place and then built it... we'll see next turn, I guess.

Just a thought, but maybe we can go for Music Theory insted of banking right now, that is, if we could push science up a little. I would really like to have J. S. Bach's in our cities to make everyone happyer and to make more money.

Originally posted by Emp.Napoleon
Just a thought, but maybe we can go for Music Theory insted of banking right now, that is, if we could push science up a little. I would really like to have J. S. Bach's in our cities to make everyone happyer and to make more money.

I had thought of that, EN, but there are two things to consider.

1. Being an elective tech, Music Theory would be one more obstacle in the road to Riflemen and the Industrial Age.

2. We can actually get Size 10 cities with 10% Luxuries and a Market. 20% Luxuries could get us the full Size 12 in Market cities. We are bit away from doing this, but I see it happeneing sometime afer the FP is in place.

Some idle comments here...

For one, I am all for assisting Apolyton in any way we can. If they can carry out a sucessful invasion, all the better for us.

Two, why do we still have troops still on the coast of the lake? Hasn't the GCA threat been removed? We should upgrade them, and restation them around the empire to respond to barbarian threats.

Originally posted by Octavian X
Two, why do we still have troops still on the coast of the lake? Hasn't the GCA threat been removed? We should upgrade them, and restation them around the empire to respond to barbarian threats.

Welcome back, Octavian. :) Actually, I was planning to start dispersing thsoe units once a new city is founded over the ruins of Santopia in 3 turns.

While it is admittedly excessive, I kept those units there to keep the fog away so that barb units could not set up shop in the hills. I have been moving units away very gradually, and will continue to do so as we build new cities.

Regarding upgrades, nothing to upgrade yet. I want to build a few more Pikes before we connect the Saltpeter so that we can upgrade them with our vast treasury.

I really think APO should wait for us to get ready before sending an assault. I think they are underestimating GWT's army. But then I do not know how big APO's army is.

As I understand Apolytonian plans, the main objective is two-fold:

1. Take out GWT's FP city, effectively crippling GWT's FP core. This would set back GWT's research and production efforts significantly.

2. Play with a bit of physcological warfare - make them think that the only invasion was Apolyton sends is only a small part of a larger, planned one. This would (hopefully) get them to withdraw some troops from the CGN front and provoke what Apo predicts is an inevitable invasion of our continent sooner.

That said, since only a few cities are really targetted, the size of Apolyton's army really isn't a factor. The sooner, the better.

Also, what do we think about joining the invasion, just to get our GA started with our Riders?

Not a bad idea, except can we produce enough boats & riders into them in approx 15 turns?

Ok now let's say APO stops the GWT advance on CGN. Once GWT sees that it was a trick they will go back south agin. I do not think CGN will be able to hold off another attack, unless we do an offencive of our own. Maybe we could attack the canal cities once the GWT troops go back down into CGN, thus cutting them off from new troops.

Top Bottom