1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turn 70 to 80

Discussion in 'Team Doughnut' started by Robi D, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Robi D

Robi D Minister of (Dis)Order

I was a bit brief earlier as i was short on time. I favour going further north with the GS squad for the same reasons as daveshack and alphawolf, plus it gives us time to get the CR squad in place for a 2 pronged attack.

As for the next tech, if MIA are going to trade with us then i think there is more chance of them trading currency than map making, so map making would be a good tech to research. The other tech i was looking at is Monarchy since Republic is not viable for us in our current situation and we are going to need to switch away from despotism at some stage or KISS and MIA are really going to start putting some distance on us. Switching over will hurt a bit in the war effort but will help us overall.

@alphawolf i will take a zoomed out screenshot next turn:)

2. Alphawolf

Alphawolf Basileus, Founding Father

I want mapmaking to be able to ship troops over water, I through the trade in just to have another reason. ;)

Thank you.

-the Wolf

3. Robi D

Well i'm sad to report our GS squad was ambushed by TNT horseman with 3 of the 4 being lost in battle

With this new development we are obviously going to have to change our strategy with regards to attacking TNT. As long as CR squad can stay undetected it should be successful.

4. xyourxmomxcorex

xyourxmomxcorex Pwnage

I dont think we should go after any cities until we have a real army, but just raid their stacks and workers, and pillage stratigic roads.

5. Robi D

Looking back on the previous turn i should have realised something was up when they put a 2nd immo on the hill, it wouldn't make sense unless they were planning to set a trap on the other side, no doubt they have closed the avenue of escape. I'm sorry it didn't twig with me sooner, i guess everyone luck runs out eventually. We still have the upper hand but we will need to be more careful in the future if we are going to keep it.

6. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

Such is war, contintue the fight General Robi

7. Robi D

TURN 78 1100BC

Well after the stuff up last turn (should realised they had something planned when they put a 2nd immo on the mountain) we were left with only 1 GS squad memeber left. I assumed the retreat was cut off so GS4 rode into to battle and took out a vet. horseman lose 2hp in the process but getting promoted to elite so he still has 2hp left. This makes the score 8-4 in our favour by i dont hold much hope of GS surviving this turn.

The other big event was spotting a MIA galley off our western coast. I can't only think of 3 possibilities for it being there, 1. exploration, 2. dropping off a settler to steal our furs or 3. acting as the surprise direction of a TNT attack. Personally i favour it being one of the latter 2 and have scrambled 2 CR squad members and a spear from Crunch to the area. We shall soon find out what there intensions are. The other 2 CR squad members continue to head north. The newly formed DS squad will have its second member next turn and both will head over to that area as well.

In other news
    Springfield builds settler, starts on MW
    Shelbyville builds worker, starts on temple (our 1st one)
    Crunch builds spear, starts another one
    242g, 0gpt. Given that MIA has galleys to send over i decided to do MM first. It will take 11 turns.

8. Alphawolf

I agree they are either after our furs, enter on TNT side or both.

-the Wolf

9. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

Why do something that stupid? we will bury them

10. Alphawolf

I could ask you why was TNT dumb enough to declare war on us, and I probably should since I wasn't here.:D

-the Wolf

11. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

12. xyourxmomxcorex

xyourxmomxcorex Pwnage

TNT is screwed. All their offensive capabilties have been decimated. We waged quite a guellia war in the jungle.

13. Robi D

Personally i would be leaning towards steal our fur then entering the war and i think its only a slim chance they are just sailing around exploring i would rate the chances 50:40:10. I say this because if they were coming over to declear war i would have expected multiple galleys no just one, however if i see others coming then i might change my mind.

Also since our IA hasn't posted since the election and you as the other canidate have, i would not have a problem with you taking over the position alpha.:)

14. xyourxmomxcorex

xyourxmomxcorex Pwnage

I dont think MIA wants to fight with us. Just instinct telling me....but i think they are mapping the coastline. MIA might help out TNT, though, like France helped out Saddam, but patrolling and reporting sighting of invasion forces. You could declare (once we have a navy) that ceratin areas are "No Fly(Sail) Zones" and not allow any nations ships into them. This might tick off MIA and KISS though.

15. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

I say we move one warrior up to theres and send a message saying "seasons greetings my freind" and see what they do

16. Robi D

We have just recieved turn 79, i will play it later, however i opened it quickly just to see whats happened. Our last GS squad member was killed by a immortal, and more importantly MIA's galley has dropped off a single regular warrior. I would say its more than likely he's there for exploration porposes however his placement does ask some question. If our FA would kindly send MIA a nice message asking them to explain their actions it would be much appritciated.

17. Robi D

Turn 79

MIA has landed a single regular warrior which probably means they are just exploring, however they could have chosen there landing site better i have sent them a quick message asking them to explain their action (see below). With ther being only 1 warrior 3rd member of CR squad continues on the journey north.

Otherwise nothing to report on the battlefront, our northern explorer continues to take in the sites around TNT and our currargh runs into one of KISSes.
    Chocolate builds MW starts on spear
    2 of our settlers are in postion to found cities next turn, 3rd settler will be in position next turn, therefore founding a city on turn 81.
    243g 0gpt, Mapmaking in 10.

18. Robi D

Turn 80

Cinnamon(south) and Glazed(west) founded. Worker complete road on furs so furs are hooked up to all cities except the two new ones.

MIA brought their galley back and put the warrior on it.
    Settler in postion to found city next turn
    Sci rate increased from 70 to 80%
    243g +7gpt, MM in 6
    Merry christmas everyone

19. Alphawolf

Did we every get a message from MIA explaining why they dropped off a warrior in the first place?

Also the score numbers what does "Diff" mean?

-the Wolf

20. Robi D

Sorry, i did mean to post there reply here, i will do so, basically they said they wanted to explore and i sent another message that as long as they are just exploring we don't have a problem

Diff is difference from last turn score:)

Edit- Here's there response
    And this was my reply