Turn Chat Instruction Thread: Saturday 14 May - 16:00 GMT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furiey

No Longer Just Lurking
Time: Saturday 14 May - 16:00 GMT, 12:00 (Midday) EDT
Place: #turnchat
Game Save: 280 AD

All officials who are empowered to post instructions for the upcoming turn chat are to do so here. Please post at least one hour before the turn chat starts.

This is not a discussion thread

Furture City Names:
Middelburg to be renamed DNA
Blather
Kingdom Hearts
Tracheon
Blacktopia
Mr. Roboto
No_Where

Unit Names:
new names at post #122 & #123 of the registry:
Dangerous Settler (Ancient Unit choice)
LeatherNeck (Sword)
Reserved Names of future units by citizens already passed on registry
Next naval unit: Old Ironsides
First MDI: Eric the Red
First Calvary: 1st King's Guard
Second Calvary: Comander Deo
First Plane: Air Kohn

(Previous Instruction Thread is here )

Governor of Fanatannia - Instructions

Camelot -> Marketplace
Provolutia -> Settler -> Settler (MM for +5 food please)
Sebadoh -> Library
Oxford -> Forbidden Palace
Spichester: Send Curragh to Spichester and disband. Whip temple and then start library
Striders Haven -> Courthouse
Kolhapur -> temple
Jaipur -> Temple
Hyderabad -> Temple
Karachi -> Library

New cities: Worker -> Temple if growth ocurrs on or before 10 shields are produced, otherwise temple -> Worker.

Special note on Regentham.
Regentham will use the leader (Isaac Newton) to build Sun Tzus once Feudalism is known. Please use the following list for timing decision process.
1. No shields in the bin - Rush immediately.
2. In anarchy - switch to highest cost item in list that will complete immediately (worker, archer, settler, temple, library), then rush wonder on following turn.
3. Fewer than 14 shields in bin. Switch to worker and rush wonder once build completes
4. Between 14 and 34 shields in bin. Switch to Settler (horse if size 3 not achieved) and rush wonder once build completes.
5. Between 34 and 50 shields. Switch to temple and rush at 40 shields,then rush wonder once build completes.
6. Between 50 and 70 shields. Stay with library and rush at 60 shields. Rush wonder once build completes.

Once Regentham has temple, library and Sun Tzus build settler then Market.

I understand that this may result in a loss of shields.

You may whip a horse from Camelot if you need to. Just cancel the settler build if you do this.

Please move leader in safe manner (town to town without necessarily using all movement points) to Regentham (as you are already doing).

No whipping is scheduled for this TC. There is nothing to whip that would outweigh the benefit of the additional citizens in republic. Also the additional unhappiness could cause a problem.

Instructions for anarchy

Having studied the save it appears that Fanatannia will cope with anarchy without changes.

If not considered an exploit by the president then MM all cities by placing labourers on all the highest food sites and then switching as many labourers as possible to tax men for net zero growth. Be careful not to starve towns please. :)

Advisory: Roosting Tree will riot at size 7 in anarchy.

VP's note: In anarchy, you could turn all excess laborers into scientists, or taxmen for extra science, or gold for the duration of the anarchy. This is a common strategy.

Sure, I just assumed this was considered an exploit.

I'll amend the instruction.

External Consulate’s instructions for the 5/14/2005 turnchat. Specific instructions appear first; the Term 3 Policy appears next, for reference purposes.

Specific Instructions

1. In all instances, the DP has the freedom to adapt instructions to the ever-changing game conditions. Our only stipulation is that the spirit of the instructions and long-term goals of the External Consulate be adhered to. Changing details to achieve the same (or similar) end is fine.

2. Make peace with the Dutch. They will give us Feudalism and Monotheism; we will give them 41 gold.
THIS POLL supports this.

3. Declare war on India whenever the Commander of the Armed Forces has troops in place. Our goal in this war is to annex all Indian territory, as discussed IN THIS POLL. We will eliminate the Indians. The External Consulate prefers that we do not raze any Indian cities.

4. We are at war with the Byzantines and our MAs against them with Maya, China, Portugal, Hittites, and Japan have expired. Wait 2 turns (more or less; up to DP’s discretion), then cancel alliances and make peace with the Byzantines for whatever we can get. We’re not expecting much from this peace deal.

5. The French have joined in an alliance with the Byzantines against us. We are 4 turns into MAs against the French with Maya, China, and Portugal. Our goal in this war is to take the French towns of Marseilles and Avignon, and then make the most advantageous peace possible.

External Consulate – Policy for Term 3

Our Guiding Philosophy

Our long term strategy is to annex enough of the pangaea so that our territory is just below the domination limit. We expect we will at least annex most of the land up to and including the point where the Persian city Gordium currently stands.

We will seek to cripple the ability of all other Civilizations to win the game before we achieve our cultural goal of 130,000 points. This also means we cannot allow another Civ to reach 65,000 cultural points.

Long Term Foreign Affairs

1. We are now strong enough that we will not submit to any demands from another country.
2. We will continue to establish embassies with other Civs, and will encourage warfare and disharmony among our rivals. Such disharmony will be achieved through trade and alliances.
3. We will not enter into alliances, trades, or GPT deals with countries we think we will be at war with within 20 turns.
4. Once we establish a choke point at Gem Mountain we will consider entering into ROPs with other civs.
5. Portugal and the Pyramids are a priority target for annexation. Through discussion we’ve concluded that an overland attack may be the only practical option. Thus we will need to figure out how to get there.
6. China and France will be likely be targeted so we can get to Portugal.
7. Our policy is whenever possible any civ that has attacked us should be left with one city. Currently France, Persia, Byzantine, and Japan fall into this category.
8. Once we’ve established a chokepoint at Gem Mountain, we will demand that any “wandering” troops from another civ must leave our territory on our home continent. (Our home continent is all land west of Gem Mountain.) If not, we will declare war.
9. We will attack and destroy any city that is building the Smith’s Great Wonder. This wonder is to be ours.

Military Affairs

1. We are about to make peace with the Dutch. We will war again with them after our treaty expires, and either destroy them or extract valuable consideration from them.
2. We are about to attack India and will destroy them.
3. War with China should begin as soon as possible after the Indian war.
4. France has declared war on us. We will seek to take the city of Marseilles and Avignon before we end this war.
5. The Byzantines have declared war on us. We have formed alliances against them, but expect this to be a phony war.

Instructions CoAF for Term3 TC4, Saturday May 14

Note: I will be away from May 14 until May 18 inclusive. My deputy may post amendments/additions to these instructions if necessary.

Objectives:
  • Take all Indian cities (Bangalore, Delhi, Karachi, Kolhapur, Bengal, Jaipur, Hyderabad).
  • Raze the French cities of Avignon, Marseilles.

Maps:

Our Indian and French targets are shown in purple squares on the maps. For convenience, I have also highlighted all Indian troops we can see. DP may deviate if they are occupied.

Our army will consist of 4 groups, colorcoded on the maps: Northwest (Red), Southwest (Blue), East (Pink) and North (Dark Blue). Their targets are:
  • Northwest: Bangalore, after that use to reinforce other groups as needed.
  • Southwest: 2 roaming archers, Delhi, Karachi
  • East: Kolhapur, Jaipur, Bengal
  • North: roaming archer, Hyderabad, Marseilles, Avignon

The External Consul decides when war will be declared on India. My preference is to declare on turn 2 (300AD, current turn is counted as 0), and all the instructions below are drafted based on that. Declaring before turn 2 is risky, if we declare after that then the movement and attack of several army groups needs to be delayed in order not to enter Indian territory before a declaration of war.
I also assume that we will acquire Feudalism, and that ST will be built on turn 0.

In case of emergency or unforeseen circumstances the DP may deviate as necessary for the protection of Fanatannia. All forces should be fully healed in safe locations before attacking cities. All Army Groups should move in stacks when not in our lands. Mixed groups of fast and slow units can use the fast units for scouting (but make sure they all end the turn on the same square).

Detailed movement:
  • Roaming archers and such: use the sword ENE of Rivendell, 1 horse from Ela, 1 from Roosting Tree and 1 from Sebadoh to take out the three archers. After that, these units can return to their respective Army Groups. Use the horses to persuade the archer S2 of Husborne to step on flatland (in turn 2), by blocking the mountains SE and SSE of Husborne. The horse from Sebadoh can defend BlackHole. Use some idle units to capture the Indian workers (N2 of New London, S of Strider). Move the spear from Provolutia to Sebadoh.
  • Northwest: assemble NE3 of Bangalore. After declaration of war, move in to attack (5 swords, 1 horse, 2 cat). Preferably attack from the purple spot N of Bangalore. Can attack on turn 4. After taking Bangalore, use forces for resistance quelling, defense, or to reinforce other groups, at DP's discretion.
  • Southwest: Auchtermuchty group can heal in Auchtermuchty. After healing (on turn 1), swing horses round to Bentley (on turn 2, 3), also move the remaining horse in Roosting Tree on turn 3 at the latest, and attack Delhi on turn 4, starting from inside our own lands (and moving through tile SE of Delhi). Move Bentley sword onto the purple spot E of Delhi on turn 3, then Delhi attack force consists of 1 sword, 5 horse. Use Auchtermuchty sword and spear as you think fit.
    After Delhi, move on Karachi. After that, forces are to be used for reinforcement or defense, at your discretion.
  • East: leave Sebadoh horses (except for the one going to BlackHole) for 1 turn in Sebadoh to quell resistance, then move to Kolhapur. They can reach the tile WNW of Kolhapur on turn 2, and so can the horse from Strider. Move sword SSE of Strider to Kolhapur, covered by Strider spear. The whole group (5 horse, 1 sword) can attack on turn 3. After that, continue to Jaipur and Bengal. Use the spear currently near Bengal as a spotter for Indian troops. Fortified on a mountain, preferably in neutral terrain, he also has a decent chance to defeat 1 or 2 archers.
  • North: the elite sword ENE of Rivendell will take out the archer as already said. Move the two vet sword into Middelburg for healing. Also move at least 1 spear into Middelburg. Leave the sword SE of Middelburg where it is. The second vet sword should arrive on turn 2. On turn 2, move the elite sword out of Middelburg (it should be healed now). Activate the vet sword, and say upgrade all (shift-U). There should be only 2 (the vets in Middelburg -- this is why you should not move the elite sword into Middelburg!), please upgrade them. Should there be any other swords in cities, please move them out, or if not possible delay the Hyderabad attack by 1 turn. This should also restore their health. On turn 3, all forces should be healed. Move the 2 swords, 2 MDI, 1 horse, and at least 1 spear, to S2 of Hyderabad. You can attack Hyderabad on turn 5. After that, proceed to Marseilles.
  • Move any other units as you think fit.

Culture: You know what to do in regards to Isaac. Try to get him done ASAP (I don't want to loose this wonder to a cascade)

But, should that very very unfortunate situation occur, stop the chat immediately.

SaaM

Also: May 18->May24th, I'll be away in Florida. So if my deputy is anywhere around here, please get him to run the office. If not, put anyone you'd like in charge.

Director of Infrastructure's Instructions for 280 AD

2 Workers by Provolutia: Move NE and mine and road BG, then move to BG 2NW of Sebadoh and mine it.

2 Slaves by Camelot: Finish roading the tile, then road tile SW of current tile IF we are not at war with the Indians. After the Indian war, road to Karachi.

6 Slaves by Warm'ogh: Mine tile, then chop forest S of Warm'ogh and mine and road it.

3 Workers by Warm'ogh: Irrigate current tile, then move SW and chop forest and irrigate the tile.

2 Slaves by New London: Finish mining, then move onto the hill SW.

3 Workers by Ela Springs: Finish mining then move onto the horses and road and irrigate them, then road to Nijmegen.

Slave SE of Nijmegen: Finish roading, then move NE and road that.

Slave NW of Nijmegen: Finish roading, then move SW and road that, and road to Bangalore after the Indian war.

4 Slaves on Gold Hill by Chaos: Finish roading, then mine, then irrigate and road FP in the SE.

2 Slaves by Middelburg: Build a road 2S of Hyderabad, and then 3S of Hyderabad, and road and irrigate the horses by Striders Haven.

Dutch Slave by Stiders Haven: Finish irrigating, then chop forest SSW of Striders Haven.

Worker and 3 Slaves by Regentham: Finish irrigating, then irrigate the tiles S and SW of current tile.

2 Workers and 2 Slaves by Oxford: Road and irrigate tile, then move to the forest 2SE of The Black Hole, and chop, mine, and road it.

3 Slaves by The Black Hole: Finish mining, then mine BG 2NW of Sebadoh.

4 Slaves and 1 Worker by Husborne Crawley: Finishing irrigating, then move S and mine and road hill.

Worker by Spichester: Chop and mine / road forest.

Continue the slow research on Engineering.

When that is obtained, bee-line towards Military Tradition in heigh gear. We have little upgrading to do at the moment, so slam the slider high and go (deep) into negative gpt; if that saves us turns.

In peace-negotiations the order in tech goals are:
- Get The Republic
- Get techs towards Military Tradition
- Make good other trades

------------

Trading

Option 1 is:

1. Do the Dutch deal for Feud+Mono.
2. Buy Monarchy from Japan for 847 gold.
3. Sell Monarchy + Currency to Portugal for Republic. Portugal currently charges less than Currency+600 for Republic.
4. Sell Republic (+ Currency if needed) to Japan to get our gold back.

Option 2 is:

1. Do the Dutch deal for Feud+Mono.
2. Buy Republic from Portugal for Construction + Currency + 87 gold.
3. Sell Republic (+ Currency if needed) to Japan for Monarchy.

In terms of gold cost (excluding the Dutch deal 41 gold) the 2 options compare as follows:
Option 2 will cost us 87 gold
Option 1 will initally cost us 847 gold which we will hopefully get back in step 4 giving us a net cost of 0 gold

I choose Option 1 - Invest first, then reak in the harvest. If Japan doesn't pay our whole money back, please assess the financial situation ("What civ still has money and lacks techs") and sell them outdated techs - if they pay a reasonable price for it. If civs have invisible techs, which become visible after a round of trading, please check what they ask for it. If they can be obtained as well through tech-trading, do that (even if it alters indicated trades).

City Foundings: The settler currently 2 squares south of Spichester should found a city there. The next city should be founded on the northern desert tile in former Dutch territory near the fish. After that found a city in the area that is now Bengal (or on the same tile as it is now), so we get the gems and the block off the choke point. After we capture the desert Indian cities plant more cities in the are, the DP may use here discretion as to the exact location.

Government Switches: As soon as we get The Republic technology in a trade start the revolution immediately.

Chat is started, we have maded peace and traded as per option 1. Persia and Byzantines have Chivalry!

Turn 0 after trades - 280 AD

After I nearly forgot and had to be reminded (good job this was an online session) we have revolted and have got a 5 turn Anarchy!

Turn 0 - 280 AD

We are now a Republic and have captured Delhi and Kolhapur

Turn 5 - 330 AD

We have captured Bangalore and Kolhapur and researched Engineering - time to look for more trades!

Turn 6 - 340 AD

A complete set of 10 turns and India is down to 2 cities.

Turn 10 - 380 AD

Chatlog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom