Turn-thread 2350BC

Status
Not open for further replies.
doy, I wondered if the Warrior Tech had screwed up what was available, but Civ1 didn't say anything about it not being available, so I wasn't sure. Sure would come in handy right now with all the rioting. :(

I"ve not had time to look at specifics, but in regards to unrest at deity level, I've had a little bit of experience (not as much as some in this forum), and keeping cities small by building settlers is a very viable option, if a little tricky at time keeping track of growth. Makes more cities, too. :D And definitely cheaper than building temples. Really, other than wonder producing cities, there is little need for temples for quite some time. We'll need to keep in mind that there is a limit to the number of cities in each type of government you can have before every new city causes a random unhappy person somewhere else in the empire. I *think* it is 6 cities in Despotism, and 12 or something for Monarchy, but I don't remember for sure. Someone will need to confirm those.

Monarchy wasn't available.
The general aim of research was philosophy, writing was one of two choices available in order to go to philosophy so I chose this one as it will also make available diplomats to bribe some barb ships maybe...

Fine, Diplomats are handy units. Perhaps also Monarchy will cure some of this unrest for a while. I agree with Civ1-Addict 's summary in "Next Turn", and wish to add two items to the checklist: Check unhappiness and try to add the entertainer smoothly in Elysium. And in "Northern Chariot" is an idea to spend $8 to accelerate the Phalanx and so free a Chariot.

Civ1, thanks for the reply on Monarchy not being availble. That's really unfortunate, but nothing can be done about it. Writing would have been next on the research list, so good choice :goodjob:

Man, I take a week off and look what happens. :p

Unless we change something, I would also like to remind everyone that if we don't have a tech that allows us to build a different wonder, then RC will be forced to finish the colossus in 24 turns.

Ideally, HG should go in Elysium (assuming it is still the SSC), so maybe try to get Monarchy then Masonry? That would give us a great shot at the Pyramids (an AI favorite).

Building Reneaux so soon is what is causing the unhappiness problems. :(

We need to do whatever we can to keep Elysium out of disorder. Even if it means (rush?) building warriors in TF and marching them over there, we need to do. Otherwise the AI can beat us to some very key early wonders we want in there (colossus and HG).

I hate to tell you but...
I don't think we will be able to research two techs before RC finishes Colossus. We will be able to research one tech and if we choose to research pottery we can put the Hanging Gardens in RC and the Colossus in Elysium. There really is no other way I'm afraid, I'd hate to see the Colossus being build in any other city than our future SSC.
Further on, I expect more unhappiness issues on the way so we need Hanging Gardens, people are really a problem at this level.
I'd like to see all happiness wonders being build in our capitol and all science wonders in our SSC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom