Turning OFF animals?

SirCabbage

Chieftain
Just wondering if there is any way to turn OFF animals- Normally with raging barbs' I can easily play to the end of ROM or AND. But C2C kills my computer thanks to the animals and its really damn annoying. I tried to look in the xmls if there is a way... but I couldnt find any. How do we turn off the animals exaclty?

Otherwise, great mod. Cant wait till the later age is properly made and moreover I hope there are eventually underwater cities. Interesting- a modmodmod :p

Thank you, I did see that one but 100 seemed so damn High I thought it was for something else. :p that will save my computer some pain lol

On the SVN (beta version) Koshling pushed a fix a while back that significantly improves performance for the subdued animals. It should also be in the patch thread.

100% chance of animals spawning? that seems odd. but fair enough, thanks again

Actually it's 0 for no spawn and 100 for Full spawn. Any number used in between adjusts the spawn rate or # allowed per turn. That's what DH, the author of those "damned animals", is saying. :mischief: ;)

JosEPh :)

:p I have nothing against the IDEA of the animals. But in practise it just killed my poor computer lol. I went into worldbuilder for example, and every single ocean tile in the map was just covered with whale sharks and rays lol

So are you using the Main D/L v20? Or the SVN v20? Sounds like you are actually using a much earlier version like v17 thru v19.

Apparently V20, I followed a torrent link from the download page - But now that you meantion it I never did CHECK. It said V20 so I assumed it was V20. Any ways I could check for sure it was V20? I went for the torrent since people said atomic was not a good site for downloading.. and being australian I cant really afford risking my download limit on a failed download. :p AND was nice since it was hosted on sourceforge but this one was not which was a shame

The torrent zip file name was
"Caveman2Cosmosv20.7z"

looking once more at the new features page of V20, im pretty sure it is V20. Since it has the Great People pictures ect

:p I have nothing against the IDEA of the animals. But in practise it just killed my poor computer lol. I went into worldbuilder for example, and every single ocean tile in the map was just covered with whale sharks and rays lol
You can also set ANIMAL_SPAWN_MODIFIER to something like 10 then you will get 10% of the spawn rate you got now.

looking once more at the new features page of V20, im pretty sure it is V20. Since it has the Great People pictures ect

Then you Need the Patch Koshling posted in the Patch thread 1st post. Apply Asap. Follow his directions.

Top Bottom