Turns 64-70 Summary Thread

jeejeep

qwertyuiop
Not much goin' on.

Alpha wolf reveals more forest/jungle. Other warrior moves into our territory too escape from a barb warrior.

One worker was roading the wheat near B&O and should start a farm on it next turn, when the borders of B&O expand. I am not sure what to do with the other one. He could start a mine near B&O or start cottaging near SL.

SL has settler in two. B&O has growth in four, work boat in nine, and border expansion in one (which will change all those numbers:crazyeye: ).

I was thinking about sending two warriors out with the settler to account for barbarians.

Thoughts?

PS: Two turns left on writing.

The barbarians could always get lucky so an extra warrior might not go amiss.

Units
Alpha Wolf moves NW, sights barbarian borders.
barbciity14000000.JPG

I move a worker out of SL to deal with the barb warrior. I'm planning to move both warriors onto the gold hill and hope he attacks.
barbw14000000.JPG

Cities
SL will finish the settler next turn.

B&O's cultural borders expand! It has growth in four and a workboat in seven.

Research

Two turns remain on writing.

Our Empire
empire1400BC0000.JPG

Where is the save? I want to create a improvement plan for all our cities.

I wanted to drop in and mention I am still here but it seems like we are running semi-smooth. I would say that depending on what happens with the barbs at our borders, if nothing hits the fan we should have the workers head for the new city site and gets the mines build on the hills ASAP. OUr research will skyrocket and we will be making some fast decisions.

Also, I am not positive about this but judging from the date, I am willing to bet Saggioun the Wise One (Saladin) doesn't know about the little barb city we found. So if he is to the north of us, he may be kept busy for a while by the barbs up north. Of course, many things may happen as a result from that barb city including nothing at all. But that barb city does give us a speedbump for forces if he does decide to come down that way. I been thinking about that city alot. Sorry. :p

Mostly, I think we should get that thar gold out of them thar hills.

@ Emp. - teamloco DOT delta AT gmail DOT com
PW - teamd31t4

@ KF - Excellent points that I will discuss tomorrow when I don't have to sleep.

Thanks but... save PW?

Units
Alpha Wolf moves northwest and discovers that the barb city is defended by two warriors.
barbcity13600000.JPG

Other warriors are trying to outmanuver the barb warrior. We'll see wha he does next turn.

Cities
SL finishes settler. No direction on what to build, so I start Stonhenge (7). Growth is also in seven.

B&O still has seven turns until growth and five until it finishes a workboat.

Research
One more turn on writing.

Discussion

What do we research next? What should we be building in SL?

I work overnights in 12 hour shifts currently so I won't be putting much time in on the boards this upcoming weekend because I will be working but before I go into it I am going to load the save and make us a large map file I will update as we uncover more territory. When I get home in the morning I will throw my $.02 in as well as get started on the map.

First, Hello to my team! I’ll say quickly this is my first MTDG - in fact, this is my first multiplayer game. So new turf to me but I’m looking forward to it!

I hope no one minds me jumping in and giving my opinion on the current situation. It’s my way of catching up and introducing myself. I’ve taken a look at the turn summaries to try and familiarize myself with where team loco stands, please correct and inform me of any misinterpretation/mistakes.

Would someone tell me where our newly build settler is headed? I assume it’s to the end of the road, but I’m sure you guys have already decided that. I would advocate for a fourth city on one of the two river systems in the near future to increase income / science output and secure a copper resource.

SL and B&O both look great, including the path they’re on. I would mention there is no need to tie in B&O’s wheat crop with a road at this time, as we do not currently need the health bonus but do need to prioritize the mines of our new city, including road for the happiness bonus which SL needs before growing. By the way, I fully support the idea of completing Stonehenge ASAP. A second mine would also be nice for B&O once it has recognized growth from the fishing boat / wheat field combo. Maybe we can get some military after that?

Research - Has a path after writing been determined? What does the team think about securing the last of the early religions, Judaism? This would provide a number of choices to use our specialized trait on, my favorite being the Pantheon (if only to deny it to Saggioun the Wise One for whom’s special trait [philosophical] it compliments so well). Most importantly organized religion would be opened up to us, which compliments our industrious trait.
- this path would require masonry(6 turns), Polytheism(8), and finally Monotheism(11).
- this could be reduced to 5, 7, and 10 turns respectively by switching SL away from the wheat farm (6 food) to the fresh water lake (2 food & 2 gold).

What is up with the mine west of SL? Building mistake?

Please direct me to any early Posts / information you feel I should review.

Hi,

To answer some questions.

Yes, the end of the road. I definitely agree our next city should grab copper.

The road on the wheat was built because the worker had nothing to do waiting for borders to expand.

Research was going to be up to archery next.

OK, it is morning and I am tired as hell. :p I won't start the map until this evening. I did want to pop in and say "Welcome Karhu". I 3rd the motion to get copper connected next. Also, FYI I do believe that B&O is our military based city. I would suggest going for a barrack there before we begin pumping out the units. I also vote that a library be the first production in the new city. I am cool with Shortline finishing Stonehenge as well - it will give us a prophet for a shrine to bring in some extra gold income.

I don't understand what you mean by the mine west of SL being a building mistake. Both mines were on purpose.

That all sounds great. B&O looks like a very productive military base.

On the research side of things: Archery does not give us any immediate advantages nor lead to any additional technologies, and because of the lay of the land it should be awhile till we’re at war. On top of that, we won’t be building any new military units until B&O finishes building the boat and then a barracks, we would be done researching archery long before that. At minimum we could research Masonry during this time to have the options of building walls. And if we decide to pursue Monotheism and someone beats us, then we can switch over to Archery and quickly complete that.

Securing the Jewish holy city is a time sensitive endeavor. Hinduism has already been founded, this places that team much closer to Monotheism then us, as we are still required to research Polytheism. Spending 10 additional turns researching Hunting(4) and then Archery(6) makes it seem unlikely that we would be the first to reach Monotheism, and would thus result in giving one team 3 of 4 current religions, and much better position to found the remaining 3 as well.

Camps are of no use to us now, or in the near future. So my question is: Why do we need Spearmen and/or Archer at this point? I’m not saying we don’t, but I’d like to hear more than “archery=archers”.

EDIT: If your worried about defense, we could settle our 3rd city near a copper resource, build a mine, and produce Axemen. This would allow us to pursue monotheism without delay and a substantial military upgrade in about the same time it would take to build an archer, possibly faster.

Everyone probably has bronze working now or is about to so expect the barbarians to turn into axemen soon. We have still to grab the copper and don't even have plans for the next settler yet. Archers are our best defense against the axes before pushing out any further with City garrison promotions.

As for the research as you said we already have to run through polytheism to get to Judaism so if they other team wants that religion they will grab monotheism right away to also take advantage of Organized religion most likely. Thus we will lose it anyway if they even make an attempt at it which would be the smart thing to do for them. The faster we tap into that gold, the faster we will be researching stuff also is something we should all be aware of right now.

I am curious to know at this time what everyone thinks about war with Saggion? I am not saying "Let's Go, who is with me?" though. lol. I just mean who wants to be aggressive? I say this because Saggion is pretty close to us, and we don't know how powerful they are. But they just nabbed the oracle and a free tech. And they are now leading the charts from it. Can you post a screeny of the power chart? I gotta try and get into our game tonight.

Archers with city garrison promotions will be unable to protect our improvements to the land, and would be unable to attack incoming axemen. Three Archer with Guerilla I could be positioned on hills blocking all three peninsulas leading to our nation to intercept barbarians, but would be unable to defend from more than a single unit and unable to reenforce our other forces or defend from a player launched amphibious assault to the middle of our empire.

Neither of the above options is a substitute for a single (even better two) axeman that could move along our road system to intercept barbarians from any directions. What’s more, we already have the technology, just not the resource. Thus we would be allowed to pursue any research path we chose while prioritizing a copper mine for our third city.

That’s right, our third city. Bit-the-bullet and reaim our settler toward the important resource that is copper. B&O will not have a barracks from which to train the axeman before the copper mine is done anyway, so there is no time lost.

Once again I will reiterate:
1)I don’t believe hunting nor archery offer us any benefits.
2)Securing the Jewish Holy City is time sensitive, but even if we fail, Organized Religion is something we can use immediately and takes advantage of both our leader traits.
3)Finally, all the requirements for Axemen exist, we just need to put them together.

We already have hunting.

What about if we pop rush a settler in SL? We have access to the corn and crabs now so we will recover easily. Start taking a warrior to the site we want the copper city this turn. That way he should arrive around the time the settle does if not 1 turn after the settler makes it. We may look at how costly it would be to pop rush another worker too. I want to tap in to the cpper at the same time as the gold if we could. But gold should take priority. Nonetheless, It does not matter to me on what tech. I am cool with whatever there.
I have the save file and I will post at least some of the large map file I have been working on in a few minutes. When I finish it, I will re-release it. I hope the file size doesn't get to big.

It’s amazing how long one can look at a game screen without making a move.
I just looked at the 1320 save. We do not currently have hunting.

:whipped:Pop-rushing a settler sounds like a great idea. In the mean time what about switching from the corn tile to working the freshwater lake for more :gold:? This way we do not grow before we’re ready and research new tech faster (we are already at the happiness limit :mad:). And, do we finish stonehenge first? I would think so since we’ll need the obelisk in our new city to expand and get the copper.

:science: Now as for researching.....
We can get the three techs needed for Judaism :religion: in as little as 4, 6, and 8 turns (while still poprushing!), and that’s not including income from our third city. Additionally, right now we are building Settlers, Workers, and Work boats but by the time we are done with Monotheism we’ll be needing buildings for which Organized religion would be a great help.

By the way :egypt: Flevance, nice avatar. :goodjob:

Top Bottom