Turns 64-70 Summary Thread

Very important turns going on here. We have lots of decisions to make.

Research
Writing finishes. I go for masonry, as we seem to have come to some kind of consensus on the Judaism and whip a settler plan.

Cities
B&O is normal. SL is where it gets interesting.

I leave SL on stonehenge, as we can't waste a turn if we take that path. However, this leaves us unable to whip a settler, which would take one turn(for three pop) or three turns (for two pop), for 5 more turns. Even if we did whip a settler, the most we could possibly spare to accompany it would be one warrior, and that is with leaving all our cities with one-warrior defenses.

bo13200000.JPG SL13200000.JPG

Units
Even with all the events of this turn, the most important one is last. Alpha wolf, our intrepid explorer, moves northwest and we meet Aloha!

Aloha0000.JPG

Discussion
Where to start? We are in too many races against time, most of them connected to each other. The race to found Judaism, the race for stonehenge, and the race to defend our cities before the barbs start arriving in waves. We need to decide which ones we need to prioritize, and which ones we can win without prioritizing them. I am most worried about the barbs. Would someone be willing to do a test of when barbs show up, when they enter borders, and when they show up with which units? Such a test would be invaluable at this point in time.

After stonehenge we need to build a couple warriors then grab copper and pump a few axemen.

Good summary of our predicament jeejeep.

Emp., do we build a settler pre stonehenge in your plan?

I would advocate for stonehenge then settler, for the reasons stated in my previous post.
- Higher tech rate and need for obelisk in new city to get copper
(this is arguable depending on city placement).
We would have one warrior per city for this strat, and make axemen as soon as they were available.

I am confident we are safe from other civs during this time, barbarians are the wild card.

Settler after warriors (I can't see the other team though, so I don't know where they are). Am I too bold in saying an axe rush might work after that...? Probably, humans are better at defence than the AI...

Aha. Well, that was assuming we knew where their borders were, and I didn't know if we had seen them...

Judging from the Demographics screen I would say we are fine militarily and in no danger of a rush from other civs or barbarians. True we are at the low end of things militarily, but 2100 to 2800 is a pretty tight grouping. Looks like our rivals have just gone strait to archers instead of building additional warriors. Happily, we are the largest civ currently!

I’d say we are on the proper path, and can handle waiting for our axemen (which arn’t all that far away) without building additional warriors.

Demographics-1320BC.JPG

The other thing to remember is that the other teams are a fairly huge distance away. It was only after walking for 30 turns that our warrior passed another Civ's soldier, who presumably had been walking the other direction nearly as long.

those demographics doin't look good...

T_T Let me punishment begin
i forgot abotu the game again
anwyays im abck and i will put this imt this fourm in my favs

Units
Alpha wolf moves NE, mostly discovers water. There is a large lake up there.
We found Delhi in the spot we agreed upon. There is a barb warrior outside but we have two warriors in it so we should be okay.

Delhiwar0000.JPG
Cities
Short line has both growth and Stone stonehenge in five turns.

B&O has growth in one turn and a workboat in four.

Delhi has growth in 22 turns and a warrior in eight. A picture of the city:

Delhi0000.JPG
Research
Masonry will be completed in four. Then we will go on to Polytheism-Monotheism.

Discussion
Mostly the same as before. Also, here are some screenshots of possible copper city sites. I put a sign on the site I liked best. See the next post for even more discussion fodder.

coppercity1me0000.JPG coppercityloc20000.JPG

Here are some e-mails that were sent to our Gmail account from Aloha. Any ideas on what to write back? If no one says anything I'll just write something tonight on my own.

Robi D said:
On behalf of my team, Aloha!

We are happy to meet the people of Loco and look forward to productive relations between us far into the future. To get things off to a start you can contact us via the team email cfcaloha@gmail.com
Our Foreign Minister BCLG100 will also be in touch shortly to get discussions going. Look forward to talking with you in the future

Robi D
President of Aloha

BCLG said:
Greetings Loco

As Foreign minister of team Aloha i would like to extend my personal greetings from the team, too long has our warrior been wandering on its lonesome through these barren lands. If you need to get incontact with me then use either the team account, PM at cfc or my personal e-mail BCLG100@hotmail.com.

Kind regards
BCLG

Who is our UN Rep? They should be doing that stuff. Apologies if its you jeejeep, I'm too lazy to look :p just say hello, say we're glad to meet them, and tell them we got a 6 FP rice corn cow start :D

I am the Future was our UN rep, but as he has mysteriously disappeared, I would like to ask for a new one. Anyone willing?

In the meantime, I'd like to send a preliminary message (I forgot last night).

ummm stonehenge ^^ hope no ones beats us to it

send a fredinly message not one that invites war
we dont know how advanced they are yet

Lamo

Seroiusly Dont Send that

Top Bottom