Tutorial for new terrains- help

artemisarrow

Warlord
does anyone know of any tutorials for adding in a new terrain?
im using the extra terrain mod and i want to add in the 5 other terrains it has, but i dont know how or were in the mapscripts or in the cvmapgeneratorutil to put it

thanks!

I'm interested in adding new terrain to my mod. Could you please post a link the the "extra terrain" mod.

I havn't added any terrain as of yet, but I think I know how it's done. XML\terrain\CIV4TerrainInfos.xml contains the information for each terrain type. You need to copy and paste one of the entries in that file. Then edit the new entry to create your new terrain. The art for the terrain goes in Art\Terrain\Textures.

If you are new to modding - one word of caution - never change the original game files.

Thanks for the link.

I assumed that adding new terrains to the proper XML files would cause them to automatically be used when generating maps. But after putting some thought into it, it makes sense that they don't.

After looking at the link you provided. It appears that you need create something called a mapscript. I've never done anything with these. Maybe someone will come along with some more information about them.

Top Bottom