[TUTORIAL] How to Make New Units for C2C.

PS: What did you mean by "Icon: ?"? Is it something I need to worry about? Also do you need me to WB myself the Tech and the Culture and see if I can build it (I'm hoping that's not necessary...)

Icon means the icon/button you see such as .

To make one you should follow the icon/button tutorials posted. Such as this one or this one.

If something goes "horrible wrong" (which is often nothing more than you forgot a "<" :mischief:) you can debug it with Notepad++. There is a special XML debug tool, but I can't tell you what it is called :(

You could look over your files again and make sure that:

1) every tag starts with < and ends with >
2) every tag that opens <tag> close after the imput </tag> (or is closed <tag/>)

As for searchiing the correct tag for a name, look at other units and/or buildings that gives that promo. Or (I don't know if this exists) look in the promotion file and look for a tag that might be the right one. You will have fun when looking up techs in the TH era :lol: but if you keep on doing so, you know what tag is what name, or you can make a .txt file as dictionary.

Thanks - fixed it - yay! :D

Oh I nearly forgot - they still don't have the right promo. I have had a really good look for it, so I hope someone can help me out. What other units come with the Camouflage promo - if any?! It's an obscure one.

ETA: I might've known. When I finally found it, it was called PROMOTION_CAMOUFLAGE! :blush: MrAzure, please add it into your list.
ETAgain: The game didn't crash, so here they are!

Attachments

• 2013-10-12_00001.jpg
    2013-10-12_00001.jpg
    333.8 KB · Views: 111
  • OrganicArmoredInfantry.zip
    18.2 KB · Views: 83
Here is the fixed (hopefully) Cuachic.

The DDSs that came in the art download were not buttons at all, so I had a go and made one. I got round it, but for the future I need to know: how do you paste the frame over the picture without it simply covering the whole thing? Is there a version of the frame image with a transparent middle available? I (sort of) know how to free-form cut and paste with Paint, but I'm hoping it's easier than that. Afforess as far as I can see doesn't address this point at all.

Now I think I'll take the rest of the day off! :cool:

The DDSs that came in the art download were not buttons at all, so I had a go and made one. I got round it, but for the future I need to know: how do you paste the frame over the picture without it simply covering the whole thing? Is there a version of the frame image with a transparent middle available? I (sort of) know how to free-form cut and paste with Paint, but I'm hoping it's easier than that. Afforess as far as I can see doesn't address this point at all.

You could use "GIMP" to edit pictures. Then you can select the white space in the button and presss ctrl+I, which will invert your selection -> Only the frame is selected now. Then you can copy+paste the Frame over your button.

Its now all buggy and not working. It shows a blank in the civpedia and shows the old obsidian swordsman icon/button isntead of the new one you made.

I am not sure what's wrong. Perhaps someone else with some more unit making skills could review your unit.

Its now all buggy and not working. It shows a blank in the civpedia and shows the old obsidian swordsman icon/button isntead of the new one you made.

I am not sure what's wrong. Perhaps someone else with some more unit making skills could review your unit.

I'm sorry but I can't recreate these problems. I had checked the unit in-game and in the pedia. I checked again and in WorldBuilder but they are all fine on my machine (see screenies). What do I need to do next?

PS: My folder belongs in Modules/Units/Unique. Is that not correct?

Attachments

• Cuachic Screenie.jpg
    Cuachic Screenie.jpg
    338.1 KB · Views: 102
  • 2013-10-13_00003.jpg
    2013-10-13_00003.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 119

It looks like your art paths are not right (you don't want Modules/ to be the first part of the path).

Edit: Hydro already pointed that out.

cuahchic.

Main thing is in the Main NIF you have
<NIF>Modules/Units/Unique/Mixtec/Art/dogsoldier.nif</NIF>
it cant be that if you have a different shadernif
should be
<NIF>Modules/Units/Unique/Mixtec/Art/cuahchic.nif</NIF>

then it should work

Main thing is in the Main NIF you have
<NIF>Modules/Units/Unique/Mixtec/Art/dogsoldier.nif</NIF>
it cant be that if you have a different shadernif
should be
<NIF>Modules/Units/Unique/Mixtec/Art/cuahchic.nif</NIF>

then it should work

Thanks...wow sorry, that was careless even for an utter noob me:(!

About the Art path, I copied that from the other culture units in Unique (Arawak and Dahomey). Let me know if you still want me to change it.

I'll reupload the Mixtec folder very soon.

No worries, such mistakes happen in the beginning. :mischief:
For example I forget to change ResourceA_BonusInfo to ResourceB-BonusInfo when I copied the Resource A Folder. Therefore, neither of them was in game and I checked the Resource A Folder over and over for almost an hour and couldn't figure out why it isn't showing up.

Better late than never:crazyeye:

I fixed that mistake and tested it again and no problems here so I'm finding it hard to believe that anything else can possibly go wrong...

Attachments

• Mixtec.zip
    413.1 KB · Views: 80
Top Bottom