Tutorial: Using the Asset Previewer

Are these what you've only recovered?
And too bad even with your recovered assets installed, asset tintings still affect body assets as well.
View attachment 530600

They do work but you have to use the old letter named Assets and rename the Materials. When I get the chance I'll make a proper pantry patch.

OK But I don't know if this problem is due to your 'recovered' body assets i've installed? My new unit doesn't show pieces properly (One shows head the other is headless )

Attachments

• Lancer_Error.jpg
    Lancer_Error.jpg
    758 KB · Views: 336
And you said after run script we should select some previewunits.py. For me after run script it opens file explorer. What do I do then

Can you please make a larger tutorial on things like how do you save what I asked in my comment above and on every step what do you do if you get problems cuz I am frustrated as f*ck:mad:[pissed]:wallbash::help:

And you said after run script we should select some previewunits.py. For me after run script it opens file explorer. What do I do then

It's there in the guide but could be more explicit: Select "Run Script" from the File menu and then select "PreviewUnit.py" in the File Explorer that opens.

Your going to need to be patient and figure some stuff on your own. There simply aren't detailed guides for a lot of things in Civ modding and that has always been the case. If you can't fix you own problems then you can't expect others to fix them every time. There is already a lot of information out there. There's no point in getting frustrated with people who have already created lots of documentation in their free time.

Is the Asset Editor working correctly these days?

I'm trying to preview a unit assigning some attachments and only the base, headless armour is shown.

Attachments

• Captura.JPG
    Captura.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 286
Is the Asset Editor working correctly these days?

I'm trying to preview a unit assigning some attachments and only the base, headless armour is shown.

Sadly not. The September 2019 SDK update broke the ability to Attach Assets and have them show up in the Asset Previewer. Hopefully the next patch will fix.

I just had a couple questions regarding modding, since i'm just a beginner
1. How do you create / re texture Monument models that are visible?
2. Is it possible to polish/refine a model from an older game and then put it into the game?
3. Is it possible to add unique unit sound effects and visual effects to the game?
4. How do you re texture / modify building models such as the monument or a district?
5. How does one replace the in game music with other music?
6. how do you modify units such as +4 attack by any adjacent mountain tiles (just an example)?
7. how do you change the characteristics of specific units?
8. Can you add your own technologies, and if so how?
9. Can you modify/ change the improvements such as a camp?

Thank you for your time!

Last edited:
Top Bottom