[R&F] Twilight Valor:+200% overflow on 65 prod ships!

I chop quite a bit and find it’s a pretty good part of the game. But I try to avoid overflow when I do, because that does feel to me like an exploit. The catch is that I sometimes find it difficult to avoid over flow, which is annoying. So, I guess I’d like it if chopping (or at least overflow) got nerfed from that angle.

Two other small points. First, I don’t mind scaling but it is a bit blunt. Maybe it should cap at some Era. And or maybe scaling should require certain civics or techs to be unlocked or be tied to certain policy cards ( ‘Great Leap Forward’ anyone?).

Second, it feels a bit cheap you can boost population by harvesting food resources. I’d rather you got gold or production from harvesting food resources so you were making a trade-off between production / stuff and population.

True that, Cleopatra married Magnus, they went into the woods with an axe and the Pyramids appeared out of thin air 1 second later. Of course, they had to gift some of that wood to a slinger buddy of them, just to get the overflow right. :D

So I tested this and Marque appears to have no effect for additional hammers. Here was the base scenario:

Producing Caravel (a few turns in but basically from scratch) - 17 turns left to completion in 7.2 hammer city
Base forest chop with Magnus was 338 and without it was 169

Test 1: Marque + Press Gangs: Chop completed caravel and then switched to St. Basils Cathedral (1380 hammers), 117 turns to completion after overflow
Test 2: Press Gangs only: Result was exactly the same as above - no change to caravel completion turns. Appears that Marque does not stack.
Test 3: Neither card: Caravel 29 turns to completion instead of 17 (prior to chop), after chop St. Basils was 166 turns to completion

So the chop appears to have generated a max of 690 hammers (338 base with Magnus plus the difference in turn times 7.2 hammers). I'm not even sure if the 50% melee bonus for Norway is having any impact here. The base hammer yield did not change at all when I switched from a caravel to a stave church.

Top Bottom