two notes about 1.3

Art_Lover

Chieftain
Hey!

I've recently been playing 1.3 and came across two design issues that should be changed.

1] Wiping out a civ by cultural influence. There is a crappy little popup window saying how my civ is amazing and influential and the people of X joined with my party animals. Can we have a better "influence wipeout" screen displaying the civ's leader accepting our domination or being tossed from office or something even funnier? You get none of the wiped out civ's space stations, ships, or technologies, which I think a certain % should be given as a token of my influence and effort. As has been mentioned in other posts, a newly flipped planet mini-map are not display properly if viewing a planet you own when the other civ's planet flips. The planet flip should be recorded in the GNN highlight reel at the beginning of the turn.

2] Display the maximum number of starbases and trade routes that are allowed and what the next starbase will cost ($bcs$). I had trouble figuring out how many starbases I had compared to my logistical value, so when I really wanted to flip a planet I had to pay huge $bcs$ to build a new starbase. Having a tech-tree to display upgrade paths (like the research tree) for starbases would be great, although a major gui add-on.

These are the only two things that really bug me about 1.3, everything else is great! Until I play more, that is.

Art_Lover

What no artillery?

Update to 1.31, that fixes the minimap-flip-redraw problem ;).

Giving any ships or starbases for culture flipping a civ is a definite no-no. See, conquesting a civ by culture is already immensely powerful. You don't need to fire any shots, you don't lose any ships, you don't lose population (from building Transports). The planets you conquer also retain full population (since there's no invasion), and they have their planetary improvements intact.

Top Bottom