• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

UK Release Date

yeah, I'll create a gmail account called firaxis@gmail and mail them ;)

"Ignore every other communication you may recieve about Civilization IV it WILL be the 28th... Infact send all your orders now! and while your at it, dont charge any of them, we'll pick up the tab!" :lol::lol::lol:

Another problem we face is... sometimes when you pre-order, they don't tell you they have shipped until a day before, or even on the day of, release. I can understand that to an extent (they don't want to look like they are supplying games before the official release date). So even if Play were to ship today (which they would surely have to), we might not know about it.

I think we should all brace for the worst, people.

Suppose it depends on the publisher and developer, but when I ordered Sims2 I got the 'shipped' email from play on the Monday before the 'official' release date and was playing it on Wednesday.

thatinkjar said:
Another problem we face is... sometimes when you pre-order, they don't tell you they have shipped until a day before, or even on the day of, release. I can understand that to an extent (they don't want to look like they are supplying games before the official release date). So even if Play were to ship today (which they would surely have to), we might not know about it.

I think we should all brace for the worst, people.

They have always sent out the email on dispatch of pre-order stuff before which is usually 3 or 4 days prior (I have actually received stuff before the release date from them before because the post was fast).

It doesn't look hopefully as I still do not have a dispatch email. Its November the 4th for the UK by the looks for things.

I am also looking to see when they charge my card... as yet, they haven't. As it has been said, it is not looking good. I am off to bury myself in sand.

Bad news
just checked my order on play.com

it now reads "Preordered: Due for release: 4/11/05"

BlackMonsterUK said:
well, at least that will shut up those play.com fans who claim they always stick to their shipping dates...

Well its a first for me, i suppose nothing can be trusted.

what do you mean "out of their control"?? Do you really think they were the only ones who were not told by the distributors that the release date was 4th November?? Everyone else was. The only question is whether they did not change it due to incompetence or bad faith, but that doesn't make any difference for me.

incase u havent noticed the game is out in germany and switzerland..so it should be out in UK before 4th nov

I wish that you were right Muki, but it doesn't look like its going to be the case. Unless of course, because Germany & Switzerland have released some of the UK retailers (online and shops) start to release too...doubt it though at the moment.

i really really hope i am right cause it really scks seeing many ppl in europe playing it while some have to still wait.. I wonder why they started selling civ in germany and switz although the release date should be 4th nov to everybody..?

Top Bottom