UN Earth Maps with TSL [RF+GS+NFP+LP]

UN Earth Maps with TSL [RF+GS+NFP+LP] 43

Hi. Thanks for making this mod. I’m looking at using the UN map but not sure what internally randomized means? Also can you tell me which civilization mods work with this mod (with TSL)?

Hi. Thanks for making this mod. I’m looking at using the UN map but not sure what internally randomized means? Also can you tell me which civilization mods work with this mod (with TSL)?

Internally randomised = Only the coastline is constant; everything else is random (mostly).

This map pack takes the Civ V "scrambled" maps in a new direction cos although it is random it will produce a frozen Antarctica, a Saharan (and Arabian) desert, an Amazonian and Sub-Saharan jungle/rainforest, and a Siberian tundra forest. Etc.

Other civ mods will work but TSL support has to be added. (I've tested it with the 2 TCS/CIVITAS American city state packs).

---

Do you have World Builder enabled? Cos you can make your own map using this mod and set a start location for the mod civ. -> https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/1201247503/1489992713687676580/

Internally randomised = Only the coastline is constant; everything else is random (mostly).

This map pack takes the Civ V "scrambled" maps in a new direction cos although it is random it will produce a frozen Antarctica, a Saharan (and Arabian) desert, an Amazonian and Sub-Saharan jungle/rainforest, and a Siberian tundra forest. Etc.

Other civ mods will work but TSL support has to be added. (I've tested it with the 2 TCS/CIVITAS American city state packs).

---

Do you have World Builder enabled? Cos you can make your own map using this mod and set a start location for the mod civ. -> https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/1201247503/1489992713687676580/
Thanks for replying so quickly. Is there a different map that just has the inside of continents match the real earth? Or did you scramble so people could replay?

Thanks for replying so quickly. Is there a different map that just has the inside of continents match the real earth? Or did you scramble so people could replay?

The closest to a "real"-ish map that is similar to the UN Earth is Azimuthal Equal Area Earth (which was the inspiration for this map pack cos what I wanted was a scrambled version of that map!) -> https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=871964120&searchtext=azimuthal

However there are many inaccuracies like the map wraps, Australia is a basically a fiction, scarcity of coal and no R&F support. I did port it to R&F but @Skyrex hasn't released it though I gave it to him.

This map seems incredible by the description, although I think that more and better screenshots would help.

How are resources handled? Are they generated or imported? If they are generated, are they relegated to the correct regions and locations. I cannot stand when resources end up in ridiculously wrong places (I.e. silk in the new world, or cocoa in Asia)

I’ll check it out either way. I’m surprised this map doesn’t get more attention, as it is clearly being improved regularly and seems like quite an undertaking!

This map seems incredible by the description, although I think that more and better screenshots would help.

How are resources handled? Are they generated or imported? If they are generated, are they relegated to the correct regions and locations. I cannot stand when resources end up in ridiculously wrong places (I.e. silk in the new world, or cocoa in Asia)

I’ll check it out either way. I’m surprised this map doesn’t get more attention, as it is clearly being improved regularly and seems like quite an undertaking!

There are more screenshots from the games I played -> https://steamcommunity.com/id/blkbutterfly74/screenshots/ (Most of the recent ones are from this map pack).

Resource generation, start locations (unless playing TSL mode), regions & continents all get assigned using standard/default algorithms. So it's no better than the default Civ VI map generation. However, there is a very controlled terrascaping (i.e. terrain and features) to get the Sahara desert, Amazon rainforest, Siberian tundra forest, etc.

FYI nobody I know can play the main huge map, so don't be disappointed if your machine isn't powerful enough to run it. It really does need a super computer. :)

Updates will stop for the summer as I'm going on holiday now :D

Last edited:
There are more screenshots from the games I played -> https://steamcommunity.com/id/blkbutterfly74/screenshots/ (Most of the recent ones are from this map pack).

Resource generation, start locations (unless playing TSL mode), regions & continents all get assigned using standard/default algorithms. So it's no better than the default Civ VI map generation. However, there is a very controlled landscaping (i.e. terrain and features) to get the Sahara desert, Amazon rainforest, Siberian tundra forest, etc.

FYI nobody I know can play the main huge map, so don't be disappointed if your machine isn't powerful enough to run it. It really does need a super computer. :)

Updates will stop for the summer as I'm going on holiday now :D

Have a nice Holiday! I'm going to attempt resource placement based upon your starting assignments. I'll let you know if I ever finish!

ps I have a very powerful computer :)

Have a nice Holiday! I'm going to attempt resource placement based upon your starting assignments. I'll let you know if I ever finish!

Thx. I'm having a Spanish siesta RN before heading out to the beach again. I can get used to this life :D

Try Caps Lock mod (or another). My map scripts are compatible with the half a dozen (?) start location mods in the workshop. You can ask @BWS about start location assignments b'cos it's still not perfect. So you may be working around flawed start locations logic as well.

ANNOUNCEMENT: I do plan to update the maps for Gathering Storm but I am currently in hospital with very limited internet RN. Hopefully it will be updated soon.

Top Bottom